X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googlie
    replied

Restart now official

New thread started too - Turns of OktoberFistIII (OKFIII)

MY2161 sent to Lady XWaste

This thread is now closed

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied

Hmmm - maybe I'm the culprit - I assumed the turn I played on Dec 22 was a restart turn (cos I got to pick the six techs, etc) - but maybe I am the last player in the sequence and this was the final round of turn 1 of the original game.

I guess (from my password) that this isn't a moderated game, and that I started it all back in October ( ). So why don't I do just that and rename it OKFIII

G.

Leave a comment:

• RedFred
    replied
    I have clearly got the old version prior to the restart. No point in playing two games simultaneously. I'll just hang onto this and wait for the real game to show up. Who has it?

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied

My 22nd Dec send to Misotu was of a restarted game (accelerated start gave the same 30 year time warp, so was also MY2131)

I presume from there the game (the restarted one, that is) continued.

Check your SE change costs for an indication of the level. If 40 credits, you are in the restarted game. If 24, look in your e-mail downloads to see where you put the restarted game.

G.

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited December 24, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• jschwab
    replied
    I have passed teh turn for Oktober Fist II on to Red...

If you want a restart, by all means lets do it.

JSchwab

Leave a comment:

• big_canuk
    replied
    I don't have a restart, I have a continuation of the old game. Is that correct? Or do we have 2 games floating here?

Leave a comment:

• big_canuk
    replied
    2132 to jschwab

Leave a comment:

• XWaste
    replied
    2132 onto big_canuk

Leave a comment:

• Misotu
    replied
    Lovely. 30 years of building farms in arid land ...

Still, it could be worse. I'm assuming it's no contact until we meet each other, same as OkI, right?

2132 to Lady XWaste.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Restart on to Misotu

Leave a comment:

• RedFred
    replied
    Well, that is two people that have given very negative feedback about the Drones' starting position.

Since we haven't gotten too far is there any interest in trying a restart? Obviously there will be winners and losers with a restart but we may be able to randomly generate another game that is less severely inequitable.

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    Got the save from Styx (without reloads) and have sent it on to Googlie.

Well. This is a poor position. I would even say it is a very poor position. But without having seen the others, it is hard to know for sure. It does not look entirely unsalvageable, and I knew a bit about what I was getting into, so we will just have to see...

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Oh well, then this special setup is more important then the individual opinion after all isn,t it?

I wasn,t involved with the setup, be asured I would not have agreed to such settings to start regardless I would have know the outcome of the accelerated tombola.
    So I don,t see what throwing towels has to do with it.
    If you want a challenge with me then make a good setup.
    Maybe I don,t have skills enough to judge it but in case you get Adam in the game as Drones and he will do poor it only prooves I was right from start.
    Its a setup trap for Drones.

Have fun with the game.

Leave a comment:

• RedFred
    replied
    From the "player wanted" thread, I understand that Tau Ceti has kindly volunteered to play the Drones.

Me bad. After it was clear that Styx received my .sav I wiped it from my PC. I still had the e-mail before my turn so I replayed and send on to Tau. Depending on whether or not Tau Ceti is able to get the original untampered .sav from Styx from my e-mail to Styx, you may or may not be receiving a tampering message. If you do, my apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied

I've invited Adam_Smith by e-mail, and also posted a "Plater wanted" thread.

And I've added the email addies at this thread's beginning.

Now to get passwords stored......

Googlie

(well, maybe the Drones would have Platers in the 22nd century .)

G.

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited December 20, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X