No announcement yet.

Turns of AXT019 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm back and ready to play ... anyone heard from Oniron?

Oh OK ... I'll email him
    Team 'Poly

Comment

• --double post--
      [This message has been edited by emjaycue (edited October 02, 2000).]
      --M

Comment

• Any news Oniron or Misotu?

--M
        --M

Comment

• Well, Oniron is around, but still can't play. See his comments below:

I'm working on it I'm getting a new
          machine within a week anyway, so I shouldn't expect delays for much longer, even if my Mac can't handle it

Looking forward to sending you the turn as soon as I can.

Guess I'll email him again in a week or so if we haven't heard ...

[This message has been edited by Misotu (edited October 03, 2000).]
          Team 'Poly

Comment

• So I've emailed Oniron to see where we are ... it'd be nice to be able to play this game through now at a reasonable rate
            Team 'Poly

Comment

• Heard back from Oniron. The problem still isn't fixed, he doesn't give an indication of when it might be resolved. He mentioned that he could play his turns on friends' PCs, although he would find this somewhat frustrating.

I have written back to him to say that the rest of us would be extremely chuffed if he would play his turns this way until the problem is resolved.
              Team 'Poly

Comment

• Oh well. Still no turns from Oniron. Guess his frustration is more important than ours

Have emailed him. His new PC should have arrived on the 10th. I vote that he either starts playing, gives us a definite date for recommencing play, or appoints a temporary/permanent sub.

Sorry, but there's no point in regular downtime lasting weeks.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

• Dear All,
                  I have now bought the PC version of the game. If Adam Smith is kind enough to send me the latest turn again (for PC if that makes any difference) I will attempt to send it on its way as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Oniron

Comment

• Hope you emailed Adam as well Oniron. Given the way that this game has been going, I don't suppose he's checking this thread on a daily basis ...
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

• Hmm. Guess you didn't.
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

• dumm dum dum

Happy November
                        --M

Comment

• Ugh. This game either needs to be put out of its misery, or it needs electro-shock therapy (read replacement players). MJQ, Misotu, if any of you still have a (relatively) recent turn, it might be possible to revive the game by getting a replacement player for Oniron (unless he starts showing a bit more active interest in continuing). Apparently Adam_Smith is about to be destroyed anyway, so I guess turning him over to AI control would not be a great loss.

Comment

• Sorry for the late reply - I've sent an email to Adam_Smith who holds the last turn. I've asked him to send it to Oniron again with a copy to me. That way, we have a number of options ...

(Though why I'm doing this is a mystery. My position in this game *sucks* )
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

• Dear All,
                              I might not have been precise enough in my last post, but I did buy the PC version of the game with the sole intent of being able to play further on Apolyton I am still most happy to play and will gladly send on its way any turn I receive.

Cheers,

Oniron

Comment

• I have a fairly recent turn stilll my2124, Adam Smith's turn. Maybe we can have him turned over to CPU and revive this game here?
                                --M

Comment

Working...
                                X