Turns of ACT025 game, second thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis and Duke,
    what do you think about an on-line game session?
    When I played with Joer (Mis you know him; Duke, he was the player you have inherited the PBEM from) sometimes we arranged to stay online at the same time. We used ICQ to chat and to synchronize our sendings. In this way:
    1 - We could exchange turn comments faster; the ICQ chat could allow to communicate at the same time each other
    2 - ICQ has a download/upload feature: you could send turns directly not passing via e-mail servers

A good candidate time, according to our different timezones, could be afternoon/early evening for you ---> early night for me.

Let me know what you think.

Mis: should our communication problems remain, I could also give you access to one email account of mine (I've several). In this way I could send turn to this account, always being sure you'll catch it

[This message has been edited by HenryMad (edited November 03, 2000).]
    ------------------------
    HenryMad
    ------------------------

Comment

• I currently don't have ICQ, but I suppose I could get it. I normally can play turns from home and work, and normally within an hour or so after I receive them if not during sleep hours(midnight-6 AM). The main problem with the proposal would be I can't really commit to say an hour or two straight at any given time. My boss is fairly cool with me playing a few turns on breaks and lunches, as my work is very productive. I do think she might have issues with a set time sort of thing. As for doing it at home, I do have the g\f who has been real understanding about my smac\x addiction. I do think this would be unfair to impose on her. I also often taxi my 2 sisters to v-ball,b-ball, cello practice under short notice to help my family out so thats another problem. I really hate to shoot down the idea, but I just don't think it would work for me.

Comment

• Duke,
        don't worry. Also for me it's the same problem: I play at work during breaks and at home only at night (my wife is starting to hate PC games; I hope my son will join my cause when he grows up - now he's only 10 months -). I made the proposal since I've noticed that often you and Mis answer back at the same time. I think that could be nice if all we three had ICQ installed !
        ------------------------
        HenryMad
        ------------------------

Comment

• I must admit, I'm not a good ICQ player. Sometimes I like to just look at the game and think about it for a while - not deep thoughts you understand. Mostly bafflement

I find it hard to play the turns as quickly as people would like them. So other people find me frustrating in this respect. Still, it was a nice idea

I have sent the turn to the Duke. Also, I'm afraid I'll be away for the weekend, so I don't expect to be able to play any turns until Sunday/Monday. Apologies for the delay this will cause.
          cheers, Mis
          Team 'Poly

Comment

• For someone who claims to be confused you're complete the Supercollider fast.

2184 to the CEO

Comment

• Well, we morganities are consolidating our empire !

(I've never been playing Morgan before, but now I really appreciate this faction)

turn to Mis
              ------------------------
              HenryMad
              ------------------------

Comment

• That's cool, I'm more interested in having fun with the game than necessarily winning, but thanks for the honesty.

I have resent the turn to the alternate address.

Comment

• I'm obviously a twisted person - snagging projects from under the nose of an opponent is part of the fun for me

Shame on me, eh?
                  Team 'Poly

Comment

• 2186 sent to the Duke.
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

• We Peacekeepers like the Supercollider And besides which, we had a feeling that you just might switch one of your projects and build it in a couple of turns ...

2185 to the Duke.

[This message has been edited by Misotu (edited November 06, 2000).]
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

• The supercollider is a good science project. I had planned on honoring the fact that you had started it first and not trying to steal it from you. It should make your HQ almost a super research base.

2185 to the CEO

Comment

• CEO,

I seem to be getting the same failure error that I got in our 2 player MP game. I'll wait and do a resend shortly it seemed to work with the other file. I'm still not sure if your box is too full, or if there is another problem.

Comment

• Friend Duke, I feel it is only fair to tell you at this point that if the positions were reversed and I had a chance to build a project I really wanted before you, I would take it

Incidentally, I'm getting mail undeliverable messages from Henry at mclink.it, but his eromani@libero.it seems to work for me just fine. I've noticed he's using both at the moment, but I'm not sure which is his main address?
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

• 2186 sent to the CEO last night, and the alternate e-mail

Comment

• Turn to Mis
                                ------------------------
                                HenryMad
                                ------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X