Turns of ACT025 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns of ACT025 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

The players of this game:Difficulty level: Librarian.

Please, read and obey the rules posted on the thread Apolyton 2000 PBEM Tournament

You should post turn administration/notification messages below.

Turn sent to Hive.

-----
    After the diseaster and breakup of our mothership, we have managed to save two seperate groups of colonists from sure destruction. One of them built immediatly the first base in a beautiful, sheltered valley on this virgin planet, while the other was sent out to explore the main land of Chiron.
    We have little information of what happened to the other members of the Unity. By chance, we managed to pick up communication frequencies to three other factions. It is our deepest hope that they will help us to protect this amazing ecosystem in peace.

A few brave men recovered a pod of the now destroyed Unity, which gave us an immediate access to the planet's resources. We will treat it with respect.
    Unlike anything we have seen on our home planet earth, fields of thick, red vegetation grow close to our home base. We cannot be sure of the purpose of this field, but our botanists claim that the plants contain high grade nutrient.
    What else will await us on Chiron?
    Can we fulfill our destiny to live in harmony upon this new found garden of Eden here, or will we once again live only to destroy us and the biosphere around us?
    -- Lady Joer Skye, Chiron diary, first entry, 2102

Comment

Turn sent to Morgan.

------

Upon the destruction of the Unity, our forces wisely stole 2 colony pods from another faction, now dead aboard the Unity... what was the name... ah yes, the University. Oh well.

Our Glorious People have landed in a slightly arid region of this unexplored continent, causing the region to be slighty less than perfect... pods are enroute to a better place; we expect the first of them to be in their new positions to rightfully control the planet within one mission year. The other is seeking a habitable place somewhere undisclosed.

Sadly, My People, it seems we were not the only Factions to land on planet. They are Gaian, PeaceKeeper, and HenryMad Industries.

Remember, any Drone withholding evidence of these faction members in Hive Territory shall have up to Thirty-Four (34) years in a Punishment sphere set to "ooze".

First Citizen Eternal Spark
      Address to The People
      [This message has been edited by EternalSpark (edited April 25, 2000).]
      It's a CB.
      --
      SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Trun sent to peacekeepers

There are evidences we are not alone on chiron: nevertheless we are here to fight for a better world, to stay more confortable and to push our economy to the highest levels. Be prepared to fight, my people, and to defend your home. You will be requested to discern enemies from friend: that's the key to survive !!!

"First Day on Chiron" from Morgan HenryMad memories
        ------------------------
        HenryMad
        ------------------------

Comment

Turn sent to Gaians

Comment

Turn sent to Hive.

I propose we simply index the filenam (ACT025-#-(year), where # is your position in the mp setup), rather than giving the whole faction name. Makes things easier.
            [This message has been edited by joer (edited April 26, 2000).]

Comment

Turn to CEO... as for file name, I'd rather have it be faction name, because that way I can easilly know which file I gotta use and stuff...

We are able to contact other players, right? Thats why we have commlink, right? I didn't use it this turn, but I will if we can..

_____

Our second year on Planet is doing very well, My People. Our first Pod has dug a large hole for the base "The Hive" and our engineers are proud of the base.

No contact from other factions, but we shall begin contacting the other Factions next year, in accordance to Hive Policy 213323-223-A-42-2.

First Citizen Eternal Spark
              Yearly Address To the People
              It's a CB.
              --

Comment

Turn sent to peacekeepers
                ------------------------
                HenryMad
                ------------------------

Comment

Actually, the intention now is that you should not contact each other until you have met or obtained the commlink frequency in-game. I edited my own alpha.txt to remove the commlink frequencies, but apparently that does not work - all the players would have to do it, and that is too much trouble. However, please do not contact each other before you could have done otherwise.
                  [This message has been edited by Tau Ceti (edited April 27, 2000).]

Comment

Eeeek -- I didn't know that.
                    Oh well, in that case, just turn down or ignore my requests...until we meet again.

Seriously, it might be worth noting somewhere, Tau Cauti. Maybe add it to the rules section or something. It's far from obvious.

Humm...some rules only work if /everybody/ makes those changes in the alpha.txt? You sure about that, TC? I always thought that all the relevant text files got encoded in the game status (which makes cheating harder and explains why I get English names in MP for my German version).
                    -joer

Comment

Turn sent to Gaians.

I like Joer also thought we could communicate from the start. In the rules thread it states no restrictions, communications between factions is allowed from the start.
                      Unfortunately I received and replied to a communication before seeing TC's comment above. Just thought everyone should know.

Nanuk

[This message has been edited by Nanuk (edited April 27, 2000).]

Comment

OK, apologies everyone. I thought I had edited the rules page to reflect this, which I had not. I also, until reading this thread, thought that settings were saved with the game, and that my alpha.txt edit would take effect for all, which would have made it a non-issue anyway. Evidently it did not. That does seem rather strange, I agree; even the prices of SPs are in alpha.txt, so if each player can edit it and get effects that apply only to him, this could get wild...

But anyway, it is not very important. Now that you have started the game with open communications, please continue like that too. There will be no further restrictions in this game.

Comment

Turn sent to Hive.

Aaargh....I posted the reply a few minutes after TC answered. I broke up the connections to 'fix' things, now I told that I am allowed to have a treaty with folks before meeting them.

I'll try to undo this in the next turn. Sorry about the erraticness, I'll try to straighten it out again.

I'll add more commentary tomorrow, but I'm gone for tonight. Too late here.
                          -joer
                          [This message has been edited by joer (edited April 27, 2000).]

Comment

Ah, the case of bad timing...

Well, I leave it up to you to find out what you wish to do, then. Sorry to have caused so much trouble.

Comment

Turn to Morgan... didn't do any commlink things, but since all the problems, I will next turn...

____
                              The First Citizen is busy, do not talk.
                              It's a CB.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X