1 on 1 tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 on 1 tournament

I'm wondering if I'm not the only one frustrated with multiplayer smacx games with 3 or more players. I've been playing smac since the release date, but I've only finished one PBEM game with 3 or more players. The first one I started with 7 players in not even to MY 2140 yet.

How many people would be interested in a 1 on 1 tournament. I think that if your opponent can't take a turn for over a week that you should be declared the winner. What do you guys think of that?

I would be especially interested if we could arrange some IP times.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

How about a short elimination tournament? I would like to start with 8 players. We could start with 16 if we have enough.

I can play IP also, but I imagine that some will not be able to. We will allow either IP or PBEM. Also I would like to allow the players to be able to negotiate the settings, generate their own maps etc... Then they will just report the winner and I will set up the next round.

I would like to make it transcend if we can get 8 to play at that level. What level is everyone interested in? We might be able to start up two 8 player tournaments.

Comment

I would be interested. Of the total of 7 games in the ACT/AXT tournament I am/was in only two had a turn per day on a regular basis, so I hope I would have more luck with a two-player game. The only two-player game I played so far (DT4 with Tau Ceti) had an average of ~6 turns per day, so I think those games should move a lot faster.

Comment

I would be game for some 1v1 or maybe even 1v1v1 (although that invites ganging up)... it seems like with four players there is always one slow one that holds everything back.

Email is emjaycue@iname.com

--M
          --M

Comment

I like both the idea of an elimination tournament and that of playing on Transcend. I suspect that the rules should be the same as for Tau Ceti's tournaments (the random map/planet variation), but the settings as decided by the tournament players. In order to avoid conflicts however, I propose that there be a "standard" setting, from which the players are free to deviate by mutual agreement, thus reducing the set up time

Comment

I like the idea of a 1 v 1 elimination tourney and am willing to play on trancend.

Comment

Whoe! I'm not a settler anymore!

Comment

Looking good so far. We have 6 now.

Comment

sure, TI works for me...

Comment

What is TI?

Comment

uhh trancend ironman, sign me up

Comment

A few things about IP games that you should know. EVERYTHING BREAKS!!!!
                            [*]Fungal and Tectonic missiles don't work.[*]Units can magically trasform into other units. (My impact foil turned into a sea formers, my probe foil turned into a scout rover).[*]Sometimes after you take an AI base, the next turn it magically reverts back to AI control and kicks your units out. This is really annoying.[*]Loads of other problems that are too numerous to name.[/list]

IP games are great because of their speed, but if your going to play really seriously I would recommend against it. There are too many bugs. I just figured you guys should know before you start any IP games up.

BustaMike
                          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

BustaMike,

PBEM games are even more buggy than IP games. I play IP a lot and I rarely have any trouble.

Comment

This sounds good, am free for a whole month..so ip would be a good start, then maybe by pbem to finish.. count me in.

From flat land country

Comment

Working...
                              X