No announcement yet.

Momentum-Hybrid-Builder Challenge game #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, sorry Tig. I will flag before next turn.

Comment

I have the worst starting spot ever!!!!!

eh, maybe it'll get better...
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Oh, yeah. Sorry for the reload. My computer has been retarded lately. I'm getting some kind of lock up (my screen goes black with some colored pixels and the top) when I run winamp, word, SMAC, basically any program. I defragged my harddrive and cleaned up a bunch of useless stuff yesterday so hopefully that will help.

2102 to Tig

If there is any chance we can play the first few turns IP, I am definately for that. I can play whenever so everything (unless it's like from 2 to 6 in the morning) is good.

Also, Mis, I can think of several possible things you may want to try to get SMAC working with IP. Check you network neighborhood settings in windows and make sure you have a TCP/IP protocol (I don't know how you would connect to the internet without one but it's worth a shot). Also if you don't have a static IP you can't be a server, so that might be the problem. And finally maybe it is broken, that wouldn't surprise me at all. I cannot raise and lower terrain in the scenario editor no matter what I do, so I would totally believe that you could just have a feature that's broken.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Hi Bustamike, thanks for taking the trouble to make some suggestions. Well, it certainly isn't either of the first two. I suppose I could try reinstalling *again* in case something got broken on installation (sigh).

The other thing is that my ISP has disabled Ping (yes, I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's true). I can only ping as far as the gateway, not beyond, and the same is true for anyone trying to ping me. I've been trying to find out whether DirectX/DirectPlay require Ping to operate, but no joy so far. I really hate computers when they don't work.
          Team 'Poly

Comment

If it is just broken, reinstalling won't help. I've reinstalled over 10 times on 3 different computers with SMAC and SMACX and I'm convinced the raise/lower terrain option in my version is just broken in the actual CD.

It sounds like that ping thing is definately the problem though. I bet that the alphahq.net starter would work, but that only allows 2 players. Bummer.

Comment

Turn is back to Kaz... woo hoo, round 2.

Comment

Turn 2 to Vel.

Comment

turn 2 sent to Misotu

Comment

2102 sent to BustaMike.
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

turn sent

Comment

Turn back to Kaz...

Comment

Turn to Vel.

Comment

2103 sent to Bustamike.
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

turn sent to Tig

this starting spot is killin' me, as soon as I find some green on this map your all in trouble.

Comment

I have an awful lot of fungus now that I start to move out a little... I think its everywhere... I swear I started on the game on "Average"

Comment

Working...
                                X