AXT011 turns, part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AXT011 turns, part 2

Looks like the old thread has decided to die... yesterday, I repeatedly got 'server not found' errors when I attempted to post to it. Apparently the posts have been registered anyway, but they do not show up in the thread, so...

----------------

The Morganites welcome the tone of peace and reconciliation from the University's new leader, Provost Toad. 'We never wanted a war in the first place,' CEO Tau Ceti said today, 'and we did only what we had to do to ensure the safety of our people. Since our sterling defense effort meant that we only suffered a few former teams, chopper squadrons and supply crawlers as casualties, we have no desire to cause any further suffering to the citizens of the University. We welcome their offer of peace, and ask only that they refrain from building any more Planet Busters and also scale back their orbital military operations. We will not allow them to outgun us in space and will take whatever steps necessary to prevent that from happening.'

The Consciousness has accepted the offer of a submissive surrender from the UoP. We have no desire to increase the size or scope of our empire, and will leave the University population to live their lives in peace, under their own government.

We believe that the UoP should be allowed to launch a few more ODPs for defensive parity with other factions, but that they should show their good faith by *immediately* ceasing construction of any further busters.

It is our fervent hope that peace has now returned *permanently* to Chiron.
    Team 'Poly

Comment

(I don't have a turn from Misotu waiting for me...)..but I did want you all to know that production of planet busters did cease last turn. Since the bases with skunkworks are now gone, my military production facilities are limited now at best.

Tig

Comment

The Morganites are pleased to see peace return to Chiron. We thought the University was supposed to be under informal sanctions for another 9 years, but seeing as Cybernetic traders are opening new stores in University territory already, CEO Tau Ceti has sent an emissary to Provost Toad, hoping to make a mutually beneficial trade deal.

-----

I will be away this weekend, from Saturday to Monday (inclusive). No turns will be played in this period.
        [This message has been edited by Tau Ceti (edited July 20, 2000).]

Comment

Apologies, this is my error. Completely forgot that we'd agreed to impose sanctions artificially when the game failed to do the right thing after the buster.

I will withdraw from the pact if you'd prefer, CEO. Alternatively, I would hope that the University would agree to recommence trade with the Morganites immediately, so that no unfair advantage is gained by the Consciousness. Up to you.

Turn sent to UoP.
          Team 'Poly

Comment

There is no problem there.. I did not accept the pact until after I got notification that sanctions had been lifted.

Tig

Comment

Turn has been sent back on to the University.

Tig

Comment

Having trouble posting here today. 2151 sent to Tig a few hours ago.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

A new trade deal has been signed between the Morganites and the University, so no action on the part of the Consciousness will be required.

Comment

Turn 87 has been sent to Tau... We lost a city to the aliens this year.

Tig

Comment

2188 to Misotu, who - for the first time, I believe - is leader in population and overall.

Comment

Yes ... it's amazing what you have to do when you lose your HQ and all your SPs That's an impressive research rate CEO ...

The Consciousness have called an election. We have no complaints about the Morganite governorship, but we believe that it is time for the Council to reflect the current political situation. We are confident that our colleagues in the University will honour their surrender agreement and support us in the election.

2188 sent to Tig.
                        Team 'Poly

Comment

Not impressive enough, I fear... and sadly, the days when I had a vote majority alone are long gone. Sigh. (This is not a turn send.)

Comment

That is an even more impressive research rate, Prime Function... I can only beat you to Threshold of Transcendence if you are not offered it as a choice the next two times, which is a very slim chance. But congratulations on being elected Governor.

Comment

Turn sent to Tau... man am I behind in the tech race.

Comment

Working...
                              X