How About a Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About a Game?

I don't want to join a tournament. I'm just looking for a casual game. I can play either SMAC or SMAX, any faction. I've been playing for about a year, but never yet in a MP game. Any takers?
    "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

I'll play.

I've been involved in maybe six MP games that have for whatever reason petered out or never even got off the ground.

I def need to get some MP skills.

Any faction, any settings, SMAC or SMAX

Googlie

Comment

Googlie - Welcome aboard.

I suggest SMAX 2.0, blind research off, average water, clouds, etc. and all other defaults. I don't have a strong faction preference. Maybe I'll try University this time.

I've never played an MP game before, but it seems like 3-4 players would be best. Is anyone else interested?
      "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Sure, why not? I'm involved in two games now and one that seems to have traveled into the Bermuda Triangle. I'm fine with your settings and would like to be the Gaians if that's OK with everyone else.

Comment

I'm also a MP newbie - though trying hard to get a game, some of you will notice - and I'd love to play if (sigh.. sick of saying this) nobody objects to playing plain old SMAC. I'd prefer Spartans if University and Gaians are gone, but so long as it isn't Morgan or Miriam I'm happy. The settings sound fine.

james_moughan@hotmail.com
          "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
          - Samuel Palmer

Comment

I'd really rather play SMACX, but you wouldn't have to twist my arm to play SMAC. I could be Morgan if someone else wants the Gaians.

You can email me at: Feenybe@cs.com
            [This message has been edited by WhiteElephants (edited July 20, 2000).]

Comment

WE: I'm not gagging to play the Gaians, I'm perfectly happy with the Spartans. They're probably my best all-round faction anyway, just other may not like it (evil chuckle!)

I'd be sorry to even tug someone's finger to play Smac, and if everyone would rather SmacX then I would certainly be prepared to duck out. I have some other games going now, so it's no hassle.
              [This message has been edited by Simpson II (edited July 21, 2000).]
              - Samuel Palmer

Comment

WhiteElephants & Simpson II:

Sorry I haven't checked this thread for a few days, since Googlie & I started a game already with a couple of other folks.

If you haven't started yet, I'd be glad to play a game with you guys.

Sounds like SMAC, with me as University, WE as Gaians, and S2 as Spartans. Shall I start it up?

Comment

Make it 4-way and I'll take Morgan or Lal

Rynn

Comment

Darius: Heh, I was beginning to wonder if I had bad breath or something! I'm fine with those settings, and with Rynn joining if he wants. Start any time you like. Oh yeah, no-one mentioned level. I'm assuming TI, yeah?

Rynn: You would play Morgan in Smac 4.0 multiplayer? Why on earth?

- Samuel Palmer

Comment

?
                      [This message has been edited by Googlie (edited July 25, 2000).]

Comment

S2:

Just desparate for a game, and fed up playing as Yang or Miriam

Rynn (aka Googlie)

Comment

Fire away! I'm at feenybe@cs.com so hit me!

Comment

Had trouble with the file... Boo-hoo. Will work it out with the sender and get this show on the road.

Comment

Whew! That first turn was so action packed it burnt holes in my underwear!

O, yeah. Turn to Darius.

Or should I say Steve and Tricia!?!
                              (dunh!-Dunh!!-DUNH!!!)

[This message has been edited by WhiteElephants (edited July 26, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X