No announcement yet.

turns of ACT013 in SMAC tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you interpret a non-answer is limited only by your imagination.

I'm waiting to see if either of you trusts the other enough to commit your forces to attacking me.

2131 to Grigger

Comment

"Trust is good. Control is better." - Feliks Dzherzhinski, datalinks.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

When you see the gravships on the horizon, you'll know I'm coming.

Turn passed.

Comment

Not to be mean, Pagan, but at present tech levels, I've got enough toys to secure my island. So I'd rather pop boom, do a tech rush, and send some choppers over to cropdust you. Be patient, the carnage will be worth the wait.

2132 to Pagan.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Don't worry, you aren't going to hurt my feelings. If I hadn't been screwing around at the start I'd have Airpower by now, so my situation is entirely my own fault.

2132 to Grigger

Comment

2132 to MichealtheGreat

Trying to scare me by killing one transport? You gotta do better than that.

Comment

2133 to Grigger

Comment

2133 to MichaeltheGreat

Poor little University is losing the tech race.

Comment

Excuses, excuses.

With this particular map and acceleration system, UoP should crush and spit out any other faction, even in combination. Too bad I've only got UoP in one out of five games.

2134 to Pagan.

Comment

2134 to MichaeltheGreat

This should start getting interesting real soon. Pagan's naval advantage will decline in the upcoming years.

Comment

I realize the strength of the University is its research capabilities. I also realize that this scenario is totally unbalanced in favor of the University. There is a very simple series of steps the UoP can take to virtually ensure victory. I realized this after being on the wrong side of a Spartan-UoP-Gaian game.

I haven't played to the strengths of the University in this game, although I do know how to.

I launched a two front war, although I am well aware that doing so is virtual suicide, in SMAC or in history.

The attacks consisted of one 4-1-2 and one 1-2-1, rather than an attack in force. One was against a walled city. In the other attack I left the 4-1-2 alone in the open.

I telegraphed a second attack against the PK by moving an empty transport next to a PK city.

These facts should lead you to one of these conclusions:
                        1) I am an idiot.
                        2) I've never been concerned with winning this game.
                        3) Both 1 & 2.

Regardless of which you believe, it should be fairly clear that defeating me in this game is not much of an accomplishment. I tell you this only to protect your physical well-being. I'd hate for either of you to break your arm patting yourself on the back. ;-)

Comment

Everyone knows the most effective method of coming back is deluding your opponents into thinking you're harmless. I prefer not to leave a lion hanging around just because there's a dragon on the horizon.

Comment

To MichaeltheGreat.

Take that, Pagan!

Comment

Back to MtG

Comment

To MtG

Comment

Working...
                                X