X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viriato
    replied
    Thanks Tau Ceti,
    As I said in my email to you I can play one more game for now. Maybe more in the future.
    I expect having SMACX by the end of the week, so I can join a game that starts this weekend or later.
    I'm looking forward to start playing ACT019 .

Leave a comment:

• Enigma
    replied
    Thanks for organizing this all Tau Ceti, I will definatly sub for zsozso in ACT008.
    Posting this in the ACT008 thread

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    Four new games started tonight: ACT018, ACT019, AXT008 and AXT009. Due to a lack of SMACX players, I have had to set up Kinjiru and TigToad against each other again. I hope they do not mind.

Misotu, Genaciv no longer wants to play so many games, so that particular game will not be set up. Hope the other two you just got into are good replacements...

Actually it is more the rest of my life that is taking up my time - so I have not been able to concentrate on the tournament for a while. The act of setting up a game is not so much work in itself, but it takes quite a lot of time to find out which players to set up against each other, which have already played each other, which factions they have already played and so on. And then there is updating the tables and sending out all the necessary emails and addresses, and setting up a turn admin thread. Time flies away quickly. But that is OK .

Hope you all enjoy the games!

Leave a comment:

• Misotu
    replied
    Hi Tau Ceti

I know that this tournament must be taking up a lot of your time so I'm not trying to hassle here.

Zsozso was going to set up another game as follows:
    ACT017: Misotu - Budha - Genaciv(PK)

and I know you haven't had time to get to this yet. I have loads of time at the moment and the capacity to play several more games. I play my turns on a daily basis - more frequently if people get back to me.

If you are setting up more games, I'd be happy to play in several more. SMAC or SMAX is fine. My preferences are UoP, Peacekeepers, Gaians or the Angels.

Many thanks

- Mis

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    You would be continuing from Zsozso's position, and would therefore have to be the Spartans. The game has reached 2128. The other players, Paul and MichaeltheGreat, want to continue it, but would like to have someone take over the position.

Are you still interested?

Also, there will be more games in the not too distant future, and I am sure you will be included in some of them. I am sorry that I have been a bit slow on this but I have been rather busy.

Leave a comment:

• Enigma
    replied
    I would like to Tau Ceti, although I have two questions, first of all am I starting where Zsozso left of, and second of all do I HAVE to be the Spartans? I would love to get into another game, no matter what, but if it is going to be started over then I would like to be the Hive or the Believers.

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    You can certainly play, Viriato. New players are welcome to join at any time. Do you want to play SMAC/SMACX/both, how many games at the same time, and do you have any faction preferences?

Everyone: the position as Right-Wing Lunatic (ie Spartan) in ACT008 is still open. Anyone? Please?

Leave a comment:

• Viriato
    replied
    Hi everyone,

Maybe it's too late to enter the tournament but I'll post anyway.
    If I can still play please count me in.

Leave a comment:

• DinoDoc
    Guest replied
    Tau, I believe that AXT002 is dead. Lord Maxwell has not sent off his turn in quite awhile. Could you see what the problem is and declare the game over with if the situation warrants it?

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    As you have probably noticed, the new tournament administration thread is up. It is basically the same as Zsozso's old one, updated with the latest game and player info. If you see something wrong, please let me know. (I know some of the game participation numbers are wrong, at least.) I have attempted to let the capacity column contain the total number of games that person wants to play in both SMAC and SMACX.

Two of the games Zsozso was in are over. The third, ACT008, is looking for a replacement player to take over Zsozso's Spartans. If anyone is interested, please email me at larsheg@sensewave.com .

More games are coming!

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    I will, in the next few days. I just need a little time to get organized.

Also, TigToad ( Daniel_Tig@msn.com ) has volunteered to be CMN of the games where I am playing, that is ACTs 001, 007, 010, 012 and 015, and AXT001. Thanks, TigToad!

Leave a comment:

• Enigma
    replied
    Could you please start those games he was going to then?
    [This message has been edited by Enigma (edited February 27, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    Hi everyone,

After Zsozso's sudden departure, I have volunteered to take over the administration of the tournament. That means that I have taken over his administrative duties such as updating player tables, scoring, setting up new games etc., and have taken over as CMN of the games where I am not myself a player. All questions about the tournament or individual games and all leader reports should from now on be addressed to me at larsheg@sensewave.com .

I have received all the necessary information from Zsozso, but it will take a few days to catch up and get things organized anew. The start of the games Zsozso had under preparation will therefore be postponed for a little while. I am sure the players affected understand, and thank you for your patience.

Since I cannot (or at least should not) be the CMN of the games where I am playing, I hope that one or more of you will volunteer to take over those positions. Being CMN of a game in progress is very little work; all you have to do is mediate in any rules conflicts between the players and possibly eliminate or replace non-responding players. In case a game needs to be restarted, some elementary experience with the scenario editor is an advantage, but not required - it is fairly easy and I will be happy to provide instructions. If anyone decides to apply for CMN duty, please post here and email me and Zsozso - Zsozso will provide you with the players' passwords.

[This message has been edited by Tau Ceti (edited February 27, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• Tau Ceti
    replied
    Just posting this so that my real message ends up on top of the next page. Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• Genaciv
    replied
    My ACT019 request is to be PKs..
    oh, and I've reformed my e-mail "reply-all" habits, but I think that LTEC! is still mad at me..
    My first ACT game (14?) is moving exceptionally slowly...
    - Genaciv

Leave a comment:

Working...
X