Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Player wanted - for a different PBEM experience

That's right - off the wall

It'll be smax, large map, standard everything, 50% to 70% water, spoils on (if no Consciousness) or off, if the Cyborgs are in the game. No random events, no cooperative victory, otherwise all victory conditions apply.

1) you play 2 factions consecutively against 2 other players also playing 2 factions consecutively (so great opportunity for co-ordinated attacks and SP grabbing)

2) You don't get to choose your faction - the other 2 players will each give you a faction to play (can't be the same faction twice)

3) you're permapacted with your alter-ego, and have commlinks and can trade techs with your other faction right from the beginning. You must make in-game contact to talk or trade to the other players

4) you get to veto 1 faction (ie, "under no circumstances will I play that faction")

5) the alien factions are excluded

6) you likewise get to pick a faction for each of the other two players to play (subject to their 1-faction veto)

7) you start with just a single colony pod, and fill your "shopping cart" with what else you want to start with - units, techs (just your own regular starting tech, though), even bid on an SP or 2. Thus (with a budget of 1500 "credits") you choose:

1 Colony pod is a given - everyone starts with a free one for each of their factions. Teams then have to buy everything else to start from the following shopping list:

> a scout or infantry probe (Angels only) costs 100

> a synthmetal sentry (Morgan only) or rover probe (Angels only) costs 125

> a terraformer costs 150

> each colony pod costs 200

> a Unity Foil costs 300

> each tech costs 200 (can only buy your factions' starting techs)

> you can bid on 1 or more of the 4 early SP's (ME, CN, WP, HGP)

2 players are already signed up for this game:

Chaos Theory
    Hercules

Are you game????

G.
    Last edited by Googlie; May 30, 2004, 09:20.

I just finished another game so count me in.

Hobbes
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

OK - we have a quorum

Chaos Theory
      Hercules
      Hobbes

First order of business is for each to declare his veto faction. Then collude with the other player to foist 2 factions on the third

So, for example, Hobbes declares that X faction for him is a no-no, then gets together with Herc to 'award' 2 factions to CT (having found out CT's embargoed faction), and with CT to do the same to Herc (and meanwhile they will have agreed which 2 factions Hobbes will play)

Then, knowing your factions, you e-mail me with your shopping carts. Remember that the SP's are in sealed auction format - highest bidder gets the SP. In the event of a tie I'll contact both (all 3 if a 3-way tie) to get revised bids (which will prolly mean revisiting your purchase orders.

SP's available are:

Merchant Exchange
      Weather Paradigm
      Human Genome Project
      Command Nexus

Oh - and one other thing ..... Co-op Victory will be disabled, so you'll need to choose (prolly fairly early on) which victory type you are going to pursue, and which of your factions you'll groom for that victory. The Empath Guild will also be disabled.

Let the machinations and diplomacy begin.

G.

Comment

As stated in the other thread, I hate/veto Fungboy

What if we bid on a SP and don't win? I would presume we pay nothing, having received nothing, but this is unclear in your posts.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
          What if we bid on a SP and don't win? I would presume we pay nothing, having received nothing, but this is unclear in your posts.
          Correct - your credits become available to buy your tech (if you foreswore it/them to afford the SP bid) or add to your starting units)

And another clarification - you can't foist the 2 alien factions on a player - aliens are off-limits.

(CT - can you PM me an e-mail addy for you - Hobbes was asking and I don't have one on file)

G.

Comment

I veto Miriam.

If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

I veto the Cult
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

So - just to summarize:

Hercules

> Won't play as the Cult
                > will be xxxxx (Chaos Theory's choice)
                > and yyyyyyy (Hobbes' choice)

(Note that they can't be the same faction)

Chaos Theory

> Won't play as the Cult
                > will be xxxxx (Hobbes' choice)
                > and yyyyyy (Hercules's choice)

(one or both can be the same factions as Hercules' 2 factions - we'll use clones if necessary)

Hobbes

> Won't play as the Believers
                > will be xxxxx (Hercules' choice)
                > and yyyyyy (Chaos theory's choice)

(and again, one or both can be the same factions as Hercules' 2 factions and Chaos Theory's 2 factions - we'll use clones if necessary)

So what are those xxxx's and yyyyy's?

G.

Comment

Further Summary

Chaos Theory

Will play as the Peacekeepers and the Believers

Hercules

Will play as the Pirates and the Righteous (a Believer clone)

Hobbes

Still waiting for Chaos Theory and Hercules to assign Hobbes his factions. He has vetoed the Believers

Note to all 3 of you:-

- Please download the Believer clone from here and unzip into your regular alpha centauri folder - you don't have to add the faction to your alphax.txt, you just need to let the game find it in your folder. I'll obviously have it in my alphax.txt as a faction to be chosen for the game when I set it up)

G.

Comment

Googlie, if you were to start another of these, I would be keen to play.

Comment

In the other thread ( see here ) dacole has said he'd be interested, and Darsnan thought he might be if it were only 1 foisted faction - and i self-chosen faction.

That would work too, so that might be a game. I'll e-mail this url to both dacpole and darsnan to see if they want to proceed along these lines

(that is: auction start, 1 self chosen faction and 1 opponent-foisted faction)

G.

Comment

I would definitly like to play! I choose the university as my faction and I veto the cult.
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

The Chaos Theory-Hercules-Hobbes game is being set up here

Comment

Working...
                          X