Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players wanted - 3 x 2 set up

3 x 2 PBEMS

These are regular PBEMs except that there will be 3 players, each playing 2 factions consecutively. No AI, no Empath Guild and no PK’s

It’ll be smac, standard map, average everything, 50 to 70% water, Thinker level (1 below transcend). Co-op victory will be disabled (so 2 can’t gang up on a third just to attain victory) – and you’ll have to choose which of your 2 factions you want to win.

The pairs will be:

The Citrus Team - Morgan and Miriam
    Salt & Pepper – University and Sparta
    The Bluets – Hive and Gaians

Any interest?

Googlie

Yes. Interested. Very. I'll tenatively say Uni + Sparta.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm also interested. I'd love to be Morgan + Miriam.
      Play hangman.

Comment

hmm-- I guess I could take the Hive and gaians--
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Ohh and why thinker level--- its fine but just curious whu you chose it
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Well - I was reading Tass's thread and there seemed to be some new players around who wanted to get into PBEMs, so I thought that this might be a good way to get them involved

And the features that have the DIFF in the formulae (research, drones, etc) might be easier for them to manage at Thinker than at Transcend (I toyed with Librarian as a thought, but that might dissuade some vets from reading any further, so Thinker was the compromise)

As this first sign-up is vets, though, I can make it Transcend which is what you 3 - Jamski, Chaunk and Flubber - are more used to playing

Comment

Well if there is another 3x2 , I would join and play Morgan Miriam.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

It could be an interesting change to play a thinker game. I'm happy either way to be honest.
                Play hangman.

Comment

I'm happy to play either. To be honest though Thinker will give my Uni an unfair advantage. That extra Drone at size 4 only really has any effect if the 2nd and 3rd pops were Drones too.

If you'd rather play Thinker its fine, Transcend is fine too, but I always feel the game was balanced for Transcend level play.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I think the extra drone at size four NEVER has an effect...

Like I said, transcend is good, thinker is good. Citizen could be a laugh too... Lets stick with transcend then perhaps?

Googlie, can I apply for your CMNing abilities for this game: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=115357

4 players, 3 ai, large planet, everything else would be up to you...
                    Play hangman.

Comment

But you have to agree that the lower the difficulty level, the easier it is for the Uni, proportional to the other factions, and vice versa for the Peackeepers.

-Jam

Comment

Yes, indeed I do.
                        Play hangman.

Comment

OK - Transcend level it is for First Iteration.

Team Citrus: Chaunk
                          Team S & P: Jamski
                          Team Bluet: Flubber

Next game will have:

Team Citrus: Hercules
                          Players wanted for the other two teams

Comment

I guess I'll have to remember how to play the Hive--

I look forward to it

Comment

Guess I'll have to work out what to do with these Spartans, too... *shrug*

E-mail will be needed I suppose. Mine is :

j_maunders AT yahoo.co.uk

Put PBEM in the message title or its bound to get spam filtered.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X