new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new game

hi, i was thinking i want to start a game, i have never done it b4... but i guess a cnm would do all the work anyway.

i want it to be a four player game where each player is on an island with no AI.

and we each start with like 8 CP's or something like that so that the game can get a kick on right away.

Furthermore all the islands are identical - and no pods.

Anyone interested??
    Pbem of course.

AC or AX?

If it's AC then I'm interested, but I'll say right now that my cable connection is a bit wonky for the next week or so.

Usually it takes at least that long to set up a game though.

Comment

Re: new game

Originally posted by ChairmanSlick

hi, i was thinking i want to start a game, i have never done it b4... but i guess a cnm would do all the work anyway.

i want it to be a four player game where each player is on an island with no AI.

and we each start with like 8 CP's or something like that so that the game can get a kick on right away.

Furthermore all the islands are identical - and no pods.

Anyone interested??
      Pbem of course.
      Sounds like the Veterans League map over at Civgaming. If you want, I can use this (or a clone for the right size) and set up the game for you. FYI.

D

Comment

Hmm.... there are seven factions though... how are you going to take care of the other three if it is a four player game?

Comment

The number of factions can be decided for when making a scenario.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

ya the vets map games . . . they just eliminate the other factions-- the game is very different with no AI and no pods--- plus in the vets map, the 4 continents are all more than 8 tiles away from each other AND from the unoccupied centre island (which is mainly jungle).

This setup makes it pretty much a builders game-- The old chop and drop is not easy when the landmasses are all out of drop range from each other
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Thanks Darsnan- I have much faith in ur abilities... 8 tiles apart does sound like a fair distance... maybe 5 would be better.. keep in mind u can lift terrain quite easily b4 drops are available and the use of transports will always help.

This game will be more inclined for a builder but i feel that the 4 player element will make it exciting in that diplomacy and spies will become rampant.

Comment

plus because the continents are identical there will not be any clear leader and any advantage must be sought through skill and attrition... =D

Comment

O- i would prefer smacX but ... if more people would prefer just Smac then thats what it will be

Comment

Originally posted by ChairmanSlick
                    O- i would prefer smacX but ... if more people would prefer just Smac then thats what it will be
                    Once you get the 4 players signed up and you've all agreed upon the settings for the game, let me know and I'll set it up from there.

Till then!

D

Comment

thanks a lot-- u rule

Comment

Sounds interesting!
                        You have 2nd player!

Fac choice - hmm lets take a look on mapsettings and other fac choices..
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I would definitely be interested if it is going to be SMAC. I've never done a PBEM before, but I think I'm ready to give it a try.

My first pick for faction would have to be the Peacekeepers.
                          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

huh, need to ask about PBEM speed..
                            There's a problem with weekends - in one other thread Im famous with my weekend journeys/trips/voyages..
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

If it hurts you much, unsign me!

Comment

Working...
                              X