Mart7x5's Scenairo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mart7x5's Scenairo thread

I am wondering if increasing industry, growth and research rates will allow to have faster game on pbem and still quality of the game will be sufficient. Factions may not be optimized for that new setting, but treat it as an experiment, a chalange. It is SMAC original scenario. Anyone interested?
    In that Scenairo thread by mart7x5, he said he's experimenting with certain settings. Perhaps it's still too early but any thoughts so far?
    Who is Barinthus?

We are playing it 3 persons. Current year is 2155, and present level of technological development around fifth level, somewhere beginning to middle. It is so somewhat fast I think, though I guess some people might get that level around that time using standard rules.

Production is fast, and this is nice not to wait so many turns for completion of facilities or units. The main drawback is regarding social bonuses. Since the main row length is now 6, +10% is not whole 1 but 0.6, thus some social bonuses like +1 are not visible at all. I had to play a bit with social engineering like increasing +1 to +2 for example. Overall it changes factions significantly, and requires different strategy during play.

If I were to speed up a game now I would try something different, like increasing some terrain bonusses. E.g. Base tile production, sea production, borehole output, monolith. Also recycling tanks I would give +2 instead of +1. The main row length I would leave at 10. Probably pollution setting would have to be changed to lower polution when production would be increased in the way described above.
    Last edited by Mart; April 8, 2004, 03:44.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Thanks . I'm curious how this game will turn out so feel free to share your experience later on
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Recent turn Miriam demanded a tech from me, and when I refused yielding to her bullying she declared vendetta. She has half of the continent. It will be exhausting war - I play pacifist Gaians.
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

Certainly sounds fun
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

And I am helping him out with wartime techs such as:
            Superstring Theory (Air Power soon to come too)
            and data from my infiltrators..

I wanted to mention that this row of 6 instead of 10 has made AI quite stronger..
            My opinion "why?": Typically humans use much of hurrying and thus outproduce AIs on it, but in this game hurry is not so important.
            It is easier though, thats why I took Morgan, now I can build almost any building in 1 turn, cos my income per turn is almost 100 credits with 6 bases and economy running on 40%..

Mart, why do you say that youre pacifist?
            A true pacifist can only be he who runs FreeMarket, builds no Punishment Spheres & no has Police-strenghtening SE choices!
            Last 2 not for you..

By the way, Miriams best war techs are NonlMath for offense & Indbase for defense, and she's researching SofHB only now!
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Gaians have default -1 Morale and -1 Police. I will have to change settings for offensive actions.
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
              X