PMEB... my first... yeah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMEB... my first... yeah...

Alrightey, I have no clue what kind of connection is required, so if it's larger than 21 kbps, i can't host it.

OK here's the settings and stuff......

Map: Large random, 30%-50% of surface is water, weak erosion, rare lifesorms, dense clouds. (hopefully there's going to be lots of land)

Rules: Victory by conquest
    Diplomatic victory
    Cooperative victory
    Flexible starting locations
    Steal tech when ya conquer a base
    World map not visible

Difficulty: Hopefully, nothing too difficult

Well, let's get this thang started!
    Last edited by Zerokal; April 5, 2004, 22:22.

Oh, by the way, I'll play as Spartans + =

Oh, and another thing, we can all do this TCP/IP is ya want. I never check my email much anyway.

Comment

Count me in

I'll play the UN Peacekeepers. Name will be Arcainite at Arcainite@aol.com
      Everybody will need to get a password from the CMN (I think it's called) to ensure fairplay.

Comment

ur connection would make for 1 laggy game if IP is used, and as for saying you dont check your emails much thats a rather bad sign ppl like to think you check them everyday for a turn
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

My bad, i meant that by not checking my email much, that I don't get many emails.

Comment

who is doing the CMN? I think Obstructor wanted Uni, which left me with Gaia.

Comment

One thing... Now that we have your problem fixed, Zerkai, can you play SMAX?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouro_827
                who is doing the CMN? I think Obstructor wanted Uni, which left me with Gaia.
                Seems it's me. ha.

Will get on it as of Wednesday (april 7)
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Is is SMAX or SMAC then?
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

If it is SMAC then i'll play as the Hive... Even though i'm a complete newb ... Email is scorpi40000@hotmail.com. Name is Scorpi
                    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Comment

SMAC or SMAX

That is the question. I think what's going to happen is we will play SMAX if everyone has it, but most of us are playing original factions. With SMAX you can play with mixed old and new factions.
                      Also I have no problems with lots of players but it WILL slow the game down, just so you all know, because it has to be received, played, and sent out...by each player. Lots of players does make for a more fun game, but it also makes for a long game. If we're going to do it, we might want to start off with the TCP/IP method and then after 50 turns or so, save it, thank everybody for coming, and continue it PBEM. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours live so everybody in the different time zones can get some sleep. I'm in the eastern United States. (EST)
                      Arcainite
                      PS - Also, Frankychan and obstructor we still need your e-mails and who you're going to play as. And Ouro, can you PLEASE cut down your signature? It takes up a lot of space and we can get the point with a lot less lines of binary code.

Comment

Fine! But it was so fun..... If you guys want to do TCP/IP, then count me out... I don't have internet at home, and our school is loaded with Macintoshs that don't run my SMAX, and even if I had a Windows up here, it still is firewalled in. The reason SMAX factions haven't been chosen, I assume, is because we thought we were going to have to use SMAC... I would think some people would change factions... never know though..

Comment

SMAX works(I's prefer SMAC though). The problem with TCP/IP games are that my connection is really slow and the game would end up lagging lots and lots. We can try TCP/IP though, I'm free everyday after 4:00 PM (-7 GMT) and Friday night to 2 AM. On Saturday, from whenever i get up(around 9:00 to 11:00) to 2 am, and most of the day Sunday.

But since Ouro can't do TCP/IP we should go ahead and do PBEM.... who really cares if it takes a long time, we're just here to have fun eh?
                          Last edited by Zerokal; April 7, 2004, 17:56.

Comment

I don't have SMAX...
                            "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Comment

Ok, in that case it looks like we'll be playing SMAC.

Comment

Working...
                              X