Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMN needed

Hi,
    We are looking for a voluteer for CMN in a SMAX game. This would be a scenario, since one or two players wish to have somewhat modifed or generated factions. In this regard, you would be asked also to judge if those new factions are balanced approprietly. The link to the thread starting the game is here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=108257
    Presently we have 6 human players
    Thank you
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Re: CMN needed

Originally posted by mart7x5
    We are looking for a voluteer for CMN in a SMAX game. This would be a scenario, since one or two players wish to have somewhat modifed or generated factions. In this regard, you would be asked also to judge if those new factions are balanced approprietly. The link to the thread starting the game is here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=108257
    Presently we have 6 human players
    Thank you

So how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go , Alice?
    Essentially if you want to bring customized Factions to the game, then I've got a nice (IMO) customized 8th Faction that I'm looking to experiment with in a PBEM format, which, with 6 players, should give me a broad set of feedback regarding how it plays against various Factions. Let me know if this is something you wouldn't mind being experimented on with, and I can then start reviewing the players customized Factions and see if they would be compatible in a PBEM format. I would also recommend the Data Angels (if they aren't already selected) be the loan AI in this game.

D

Comment

Well, i took DataAngels already, and two players wish to have their customized factions:
      1) Utopia - player generated - in linked thread it is posted for download,
      2) Cybernetic Consciousnes - modified - file not posted yet
      How about it?
      Mart
      Map creation contest

Comment

Well, i took DataAngels already, and two players wish to have their customized factions:
        1) Utopia - player generated - in linked thread it is posted for download,
        2) Cybernetic Consciousnes - modified - file not posted yet
        How about it?
        NP with you taking the Data Angels, as long as I can still reserve 1 SP for the AI of my choice.

As far as the 2 custom Factions for this game: I don't mind reviewing them, as long as no one has a problem with the 8th Faction I'm bringing to the table. Agreed?

D

Comment

Seems acceptable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sankis
            Seems acceptable to me.

Goooood ! Anyone else have an opinion?

D

Comment

i guess it will be very interesting haveing a new custom faction as AI. Awaiting for the game!!!
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

i guess it will be very interesting haveing a new custom faction as AI. Awaiting for the game!!!
                OK, I should be able to give some feedback for discussion on the 2 customized Factions sometime Sunday. Also, just to make sure everyone understands, I'm not proposing replacing an AI Faction in this game: I'm proposing replacing the Mindworms, Spore Launchers, Isles o' the Deep, Sealurks, and Locusts with my own custom replacement units, per my original post.
                The 7th Faction in this game will just be a regular Faction, which I will choose based upon whats still available after I read what each of you have chosen/ decided upon for your Factions.
                My next question is with the realization the 8th Faction is going to be radically different, how much do you want me to beef up the 7th Faction (i.e. the one AI Faction) in this game?

D

Comment

Darsnan, we really should talk about all of this in one thread - let us move the conversation to the initial thread. Many persons wishing to play are quite new, they want to have quite low difficulty level, what with only one AI faction (or two) makes it not so important in my opinion, maybe drone riots only would be affected. So it's kinda AI is supposed to be weak...

Will the 8th faction have bases? it will be kinda hidden from planetary council too - so overall no mindworms? only fungus?
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

Darsnan, we really should talk about all of this in one thread - let us move the conversation to the initial thread. Many persons wishing to play are quite new, they want to have quite low difficulty level, what with only one AI faction (or two) makes it not so important in my opinion, maybe drone riots only would be affected. So it's kinda AI is supposed to be weak...

Will the 8th faction have bases? it will be kinda hidden from planetary council too - so overall no mindworms? only fungus?

OK, I will post here, and then copy this post and then continue the discussion from here in the original thread you pointed to when you opened this thread.
                    From my viewpoint it is becoming clear that this is shaping up to be a Beginners type game, which I have experience in setting up, and have no problem setting up from my end. I will simply reserve my 8th Faction for another game: the Kra-Lek can be patient a little while longer.....

D

Comment

Working...
                    X