TCP/IP game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP game

This thread is to discuss possible TCP/IP game. I thought about some SMAC or SMAX game with no time limit, possible simultaneous moves. No tight gameing time schedule, just each meetings arranged when all players can devote some a couple or several hours to playing. No rush during play - strategy and roleplay first (that is why "no time limit"). Turns might last from maybe below a minute to over 10 or 15 minutes in some cases - i'm fine with that. We could probably make more turns in a week than usual pbem.

We would need to save the game (it would last several meetings at least). I am not sure how well it works - i have checked quickly TCP SMAC only twice. I played with many players TCP/IP civ3, but not SMAC/SMAX.

Would there be someone interested in such a game?
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

how how i wish i could play.
    damm this ****ing FW i'm behind!!
    "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

I like IP games, available through the day on sat, all sunday (<-ideal really) and tuesday nights ... maybe some friday nights if im not going out aswell though its 50/50 at best. Normally unless its all european/american/asian etc then most ip games will take place on weekends due to time differences, when i want to play at the night you're at work and when you're ready to play its 2am for me and i need to sleep for work

Normally the host (though anybody can) just clicks save game like you do with a normal single player game and then when you next want to play ip you just get all the people together and load game, nothing complex.
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

T_ras, you must be behind firewall, and have no possibility to lower it for the time of play?
        -----------------------------
        Flexible schedule of play sessions is one of top priorities here
        About saves - will those saves be treated as regular multiplayer games with passwords? Or such saved game will be ok to download later as single player and turned into scenario - what will just show everything....?
        Last edited by Mart; February 10, 2004, 14:57.
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

I seem to be rather close to Lazerus -
          he have GMT0, I suppose, Im havin GMT+2

Can play on weekdays almost 24hours!
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

You both up for starting a game now ?
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

i thought like maybe 4 persons....
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

4's normally best since it evens out to 2v2 but im just eager for a game, aint played a full game in ages.
                Besides we can always start another more serious one at the weekend when player 4 shows up

About saves - will those saves be treated as regular multiplayer games with passwords?
                If a player enters a password yes it becomes protected like a pbem, otherwise (just like a pbem) if there is no pass it can be downloaded and played as a single player game.

Comment

i think we may not wait for long.... It's a pity T_ras is behind a wall...
                  Code:
                  SMAC game, version release 5.0
                  (5.0 is update for compatibility with WinXP)
                  TCP/IP game

Factions:

Gaia's Stepdaughters	?
                  Human Hive		?
                  University of Planet	?
                  Morgan Industries	?
                  Spartan Federation	?
                  The Lord's Believers	?
                  Peacekeeping Forces	?	

Map size	?	?	?	54-108	|	///
                  Ocean		?	?	?	50-70	|	50-70
                  Erosion		?	?	?	Aver	|	Aver.
                  Life		?	?	?	Abund.	|	Aver.
                  Clouds		?	?	?	Dense	|	Dense
                  Difficulty	?	?	?	Transc.	|	Transc.	

Transcend	?	?	?	Yes	|	Yes
                  Diplomatic	?	?	?	Yes	|	Yes
                  Economic	?	?	?	Yes	|	Yes
                  Cooperative	?	?	?	Yes	|	Yes
                  Do or Die	?	?	?	No	|	No	
                  Flexible start	?	?	?	Yes	|	Yes
                  Tech stag	?	?	?	No	|	No	
                  Spoils of war	?	?	?	No	|	No	
                  Blind research	?	?	?	No	|	No	
                  Intense riv	?	?	?	No	|	No
                  No survey	?	?	?	No	|	No
                  No scatter	?	?	?	No	|	No
                  No rnd events	?	?	?	Yes	|	Yes
                  Time Warp	?	?	?	No	|	No
                  Iron man	?	?	?	No	|	No	
                  Rand person	?	?	?	No	|	No	
                  Rand social	?	?	?	No	|	No
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

Lazerus, i need to leave for some time, let the players post preferences, i should be around in less than an hour
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

its quicker to launch the game and decide stuff in there since theres a little mini chatroom where everything can get sorted. BinT you up for starting an IP game in around an hour then ?

Comment

My preferences are all the same as for Mart except:

Rand social/person - yes
                        Map - any
                        Ocean 30-50
                        Erosion - Weak

Hope we get startin soon!
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

i'm back
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

ok, BinT said he'll host so he should be sending us the IP soon, not sure if hes hosted before so if he gets stuck ill just do it to save time.

Comment

i have IP of yours Lazerus, ........firing SMAC
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X