Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazerus got them K.O. only in 6 hours as I read above

Also, what size of map you were playing - the smaller the faster
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• they were only 2 and IN LAN!!?

//

Lazerus:
      can you remember; everytime it was a hive unit which attacked me first! (and you probe'd me too!!)
      and before war i had to deal with your "soft-blackmailing"
      Last edited by phsycho; March 4, 2004, 03:53.

Comment

• Hive is hive phsycho - no mercy for weaker and sometimes also stronger players
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• We got through something like 80 turns in 5-6 hours didn't we ?? IP play is fast and just based more on gut feeling and fun rather then making everything perfect in an effort to win. Also were you playing simultaneous ??

Physcho, you declared war on me First though ! fair enough i attacked first, but i warned you to restore peace or i'd show you how quickly i could make an army. Second game you broke a deal which prevented me declaring war so suffer the consequences
          As for the probing, we were at war, of course im going to probe you for datalinks.

BinT we played large map, and i only KO'd the Gaians, would have taken some time to get across to the Uni
          Last edited by Lazerus; March 4, 2004, 10:33.
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

• And soft blackmailing ?
            "Dre sees me as his biggest threat so with you being my rival in the council he will get you elected, if you vote for me instead I will give you more tech and sign a pact which only you can cancel for atleast 100 years"

Most people next to the largest player on the map would consider that an extremely generous and nice offer rather then blackmail which is :

"vote for me or i will attack"

Last edited by Lazerus; March 4, 2004, 11:36.
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

• what time you all wanting to play this weekend then ?
              Friday night or sunday afternoon ??

Comment

• Hi,
                was a hard week, but now I've time again if you plan something this weekend.

btw, its the old discussion between those preferring simultan and those who like more round based: the later the game goes, the more effective is the round based setting, its faster.
                But it requires an other paying style as you have to set all while the other's turn are and only make your moves when its your turn. Means each doing has to be pre-planned for next turn right. But if you stop the time needed for 10 turns (i.e.) you come (i.e.) 2180 to ~ 9 turns/hrs by simultan and to ~12 by round based, the more, as in round based in later ages you can set the clock to average and it works proper, while in sim average for the clock can be deadly.

Overall it depends how good/bad ist the slowest connection (this slows all) and how fast is the server, and if there are packet loss by ISP somewhere.

Another hint, special to Psycho: If you want to play with a bigger map, the maximum that works in acceptable time is the size that I created times ago and this is not prepared in the original txt file:
                You edit the alphaX.txt as:

#WORLDSIZE
                Tiny planet|(early conflict), 24, 48
                Small planet, 32, 64
                Standard planet, 40, 80
                Large planet, 44, 90
                Great planet, 52, 104
                Huge planet|(late conflict), 64, 128

delete the original part of #WORLDSIZE and replace it by the settings above. Then you have Great planet, 52, 104 as new size, and that is the maximum that is playable proper by IP.
                It is only necessary that the server does have it in its alphaX.txt, then all can use it after started with it.
                http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                http://civ3.2be.cc/
                http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Sunday 14:00 GMT ok for everybody then ?

Comment

• 14:00 GMT ok for me, but not later.
                    http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                    http://civ3.2be.cc/
                    http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• i'm in

Comment

• Mart can you play this time ? We could push it back an hour or 2 i suppose to make it a reasonable time for you

Comment

• i should be able to play on Sunday, GMT time 14:00, (it should be 7:00 am here my time if i am correct)
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest
                          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Ok thats fine with me, was just going to be considerate and let you have a lie in until 8
                            cya 2moro then

Comment

• where are you guys? me and physcho been waiting awhile

Comment

• i'm late but i'm here
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest
                                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                                X