No announcement yet.

Scenario for testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres some things I discovered lately..
    More suitable for Strategy forum, but too little to start a new thread there:

I was playing hotseat with myself
    (in some other PBEMs, Strategic Command: European Theater, for example, its a good method of working out new strategies)
    Its like you being in every of those 7 places, ruling all 7 facs..
    Im very peaceful though and I think the fastest progress in SMAC/X can be achieved when living as peaceful as you can.
    So the result was: 7 pacted facs..
    In SE I was running Demo/FreeMarket/Wealth for Morgan, Police/Green/wealth for Hive, Demo/Planned/Knowledge for Spartans and Demo/Planned/Wealth for everyone other..
    I choosed Demo/Planned + Creche to get pop boom fast
    The result was a "sudden boom" for 5 facs very early (they had only 4-6 bases each), Hive at that time having 9 bases&slowly expanding, building only RecTanx and Economy improving basefacs, because there was good use of them (imagine +6energy from pacts) and Morgan having 3bases and building the same as Hive + Psych facs(to get Golden age) + Creche
    Also - I avoided trading too much, but enough not ot research same tech 2 times and get needed SE&basefacs&formers&commerce..
    So a few turns after that boom started (It was way too rapid as most facs were in Rainy areas) and I was considering to switch SE to not so aggresive replicating I got PlaEco and GlobalPact..
    Talking about Morganites who had +4 commerce from SE&fac properties and so earned +8 from each fac resulting a sum of 48 from all + average of 24 from base; divided by 2.5 (used 40%/20%/40% scheme) is 28 then having TreeFarm/HybridForest/EnergyBank result is 28*2.5 = 72 per turn.
    Also psych was running at 150% so the output was 14*2.5 = 36 and I lowered the psych percent to 10, thus havin even more money!!!
    At this rate the building speed of Morganic base was enormous having 2boreholes,2rolling farms+ 3min from base + all that energy resulted in 16mins/turn + 80en/turn which divided by 2 is 40..
    50-60 mins/turn is not a small amount having only 4 citizens,2boreholes and not having any factory-like basefacs..

Other facs also made good use of commerce, but having Morgan, who built all base facilities in just a few turns I first understood the real force of peace - It is a very powerful weapon, when used right!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• 2125 to Walek
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• 2125 to BT.

Comment

• 2126 to Lord Lasitus Duncun

Pks start Planetary Transit System

1 reload - got my RAM overloaded with too many apps running&SMAC didnt like it
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• 2126 to Walek
            Peacekeepers are really growing very strong. It is good that they are controlled by a computer. It makes the game more balanced. They are lucky to have monsoon jungle very close and they made good use of it.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• 2126 to BT i think on this planet live noone only me and mindworms. Heh good all planet for me

Comment

• Hive starts alone on the whole continent - that is why....
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

• My turn will delay a bit - must work hard
                  Will be played, say, tomorrow

Comment

• It was not a small delay sorry..

To mart

Comment

• ble ble ble i don't believe

Comment

• 2127 to Walek
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

• 2127 to BT

Comment

• You Walek seem to be too dedicated to this game or youre having too much leisure time - I always see you online!

However there are people like me, who work hard to keep up with the bills this life is giving me..
                            Maybe when the Mind/Mach interface will be researched I (or my brain) will be inserted in a cell and connected to Internet neurally - then I will probably have enough time to play turns at a speed of 1turn/min or even faster..
                            Maybe in this autumn I will have gathered enough money to buy myself a laptop - then my turns will be played almost as soon as received, but by then I cant offer anymore speedups..

Comment

• By the way - turn 2128 on its way to Lord Lasitus Duncun

Comment

• 2128 to Walek
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X