No announcement yet.

The Laptop Game turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Svensgaard completes the Maritime control Center!

2170 to Net Warrior.

Comment

• 2171 to Gaians

Comment

• 2171 to Yoda.

If GNN were on the air, it would tell you about a prototyped Pirate amphibious impact plasma squad that strayed too close to a fungus patch on Gaian soil.

There would be no interviews of Pirates.

Unless I get a turn really early Friday morning, I'll "see" you all Saturday evening.

Comment

• 2171 to the war profiteer.
          "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• 2171 to Net Warrior.

Comment

• 2172 to Gaians

Comment

• 2172 to Yoda.

Comment

• 2172 to Rubin.
                  "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• 2172 passed to Net Warrior.

WARNING: I did a single reload and I am not sure if this was appropriate. Here's the problem I faced:

I wanted to obliterate a base and scrapped a facility before pressing 'B'. I was shocked when I got the notification that OBJECTIVE bases cannot be obliterated. Usually, there are no OBJECTIVES in PBEMs, but Darsnan has told the AI to consider all bases with Hab Complexes OBJECTIVE bases. This particular base still had a Hab Complex and I was not allowed to obliterate the base. I was very frustrated and did not know how to proceed and saved the game mid-turn.

I did a reload, scrapped the Hab Complex instead and obliterated the base. Everything else is exactly the same. I have the option to go back to the mid-turn savegame and proceed from there if what I have done is unacceptable.

My reason for reloading the turn was the unintended OBJECTIVE feature included by our CMN. I was completely unaware of the 'side-effects' and the impact it would have on my in-game options. While I find these side-effects displeasing--I also did not consider this 'fair play'. However, I am not in a position to decide what is 'fair' in this situation and I need to know if what I have done is allowed.

If one of you disagree with the legality of my reload I shall pass the 'legal' turn along and simply face the consequences. No arguments/reasons are required.

Comment

• If you tell me that you believe you acted appropriately, that's good enough for me. (Unless, of course, it was MY base you destroyed, in which case I'm likely to scream bloody murder. )

Comment

• I’ve received both the reload turn and the non-reload turn. I will not look at either until all of us have spoken, and then I will delete the one to be discarded. That reload message does not prevent other types of “mischief” and we are pretty much on our honor anyway, so I agree with Chip.
                        That being said, can someone explain to me what it means when a base is an “OBJECTIVE”? I’ve seen reference to this in the F4 screen, IIRC, but I don’t understand it. Can I conclude that the AI has a preference to seizing OBJECTIVE bases? Are there other criteria for that designation other than HAB complexes? Is there anything else important to know about these bases, other that they can’t be obliterated? Etc.

Comment

• I've emailed Rubin to ask for a few more details. Hopefully we can work something out where he is not punished unfairly due to the bug, but also is not unfairly benefited due to different outcomes from a reload.

I promise to try to remain unbiased, even if it means my destruction.

Comment

• Well, at least now I've got a pretty good clue as to whose base we are talking about.

Comment

• We should use the turn where Rubin sold the Hab Complex(es) to allow obliteration. I asked Rubin to confirm with Net Warrior which file name that was.

Comment

• GNN is on the air!

Comment

Working...
                                X