Recruiting for new PBEM: unlikely alliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting for new PBEM: unlikely alliances

I'm interested in getting together up to 2 more players for little PBEM. Yoda and I are already interested and we have a prospective CMN in the works, though anyone who'd like to volunteer as a backup CMN in case it turns out he can't do it, your post would be appreciated.

The premise is basically that 2 idealogically opposed AI controlled factions have made an alliance of convenience before planetfall, and have managed to stay in contact, working together and trading technology (as well as having managed between themselves to save a few extra techs and supplies). If we only get 3 players in, then we would have 2 sets of 2 alliances of diametrically opposed factions (Yang and Lal for instance).

The remaining factions then have to contend with these allied groups.

For now the rules we're looking at are large world, directed tech, no crawler upgrades, no stockpile energy queuing. All debatable. This is tentatively an SMAX game. We're also hoping our CMN will tool the AIs to be a good deal more aggressive than the standard ones.
    Last edited by TheRedmenace; December 3, 2003, 19:10.

Count me in, and i can keep a good turn ratio.
    University and Belivers?
    Guess who i'd want?
    lol
    Agent Subversion out

Comment

I editted my thread to make it more clear that the AI factions are the allied ones. Players still start out on their own. Sorry if that threw anyone.

Comment

I only play SMAX. I prefer allowing crawler upgrades, but I'm not a stickler about it.

Rubin has agreed to CMN for us. He said the AI can be buffed up quite a bit if you guys want... it will give us another challenge. We can also do an accelerated start, where we get some extra units or something, so we have fewer boring early turns. I'd like a little buffing and a little acceleration.

How about average size, fungus, land, etc.?

Please post any preferences you have.
        "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Large map, 2 or 3 largish continents sounds cool. Moderate to high fungus levels. I don't even like the way crawlers are used in the first place, so I'm really against crawler upgrades.

Edit: Also, an accelerated start is fine with me.
          Last edited by TheRedmenace; December 6, 2003, 15:19.

Comment

I want CyCon! What about you guys?
            "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

If our CMN is willing to mod her profile, I'd like to be Data Angels with Probe reduced from +2 to +1.

If AS can choose his faction, that'll let us see what AI pairings we can make. The obvious ones are Yang/Lal, Miriam/Zak, and Deirdre/Morgan. It's a bit less clear cut in the expansion, but I can see a few possibilities, often times opposing one of the original SMAC factions. We'll wait and see.

Comment

Also post emails, people. xxxxjtscheidtxxxx@hotmail.com (take out the x's)

I like Mogan ("Yin") and Yang as a team. They are opposites on both Econ and Support ratings. The ones Red gave are fine with me, too, although Deirdre/Morgan might be less powerful as far as the AI goes. But of course we'll wait until human players pick their factions before deciding that part.

Comment

I love the university, of course.
                  I'd like to try the free drones, maybe.
                  Though the hive / free drones would be a good opposed pair.
                  Hell, I'll play anything
                  Agent Subversion out

Comment

OK so Uni, Cycon, and Data Angels.

I think Morgan/Deirdre and Lal/Yang make sense, as ideological opponents who have paired up. What does everyone else think?

And I think a buffed AI is definitely needed.

email: xxmsernatingerxx@hotmail.comxx

Comment

I gott CMN i think!
                      Agent Subversion out

Comment

Rubin is already our CMN.

Comment

Originally posted by jtsisyoda
                          IRubin has agreed to CMN for us. He said the AI can be buffed up quite a bit if you guys want... it will give us another challenge. We can also do an accelerated start, where we get some extra units or something, so we have fewer boring early turns. I'd like a little buffing and a little acceleration.
                          I am the CMN that AgentSubversion mentioned in his post above. However, it looks like you already have a CMN for this game in Rubin?
                          If Rubin is too busy on other projects, why let me know, and I can probably get something out for you before Christmas.

D

Comment

Thank god it's Rubin, my guy is uninterested.
                            Oh, errrrrrrrrrrr.
                            Or is?
                            I got nothing now.
                            Wanna PLAY-EEEE-AAAYYY
                            heh
                            Agent Subversion out

Comment

Ok, this is what I think we have so far. Do we need anything else to get started? A title, I guess, could be Unholy Alliances or Unlikely Alliances.

SMAX game.
                              Two idealogically opposed AI factions have made an alliance of convenience before planetfall, and have managed to stay in contact, working together and trading technology (as well as having managed between themselves to save a few extra techs and supplies). If we only get 3 players in, then we would have 2 sets of 2 alliances of diametrically opposed factions.
                              Large world, directed tech, no crawler upgrades, no stockpile energy queuing.
                              A little AI buffing and a little acceleration (extra units).
                              Average fungus, land/sea balance, etc.
                              Large map, 2 or 3 largish continents.

TheRedMenace - Data Angels (clone with +1 Probe) - xxmsernatingerxx@hotmail.comxx
                              AgentSubversion - Uni - xxxAgentsubversionxxx@aol.com
                              jtsisyoda - CyCon - xxxjtscheidtxxx@hotmail.com
                              AI - Morgan/Deirdre and Lal/Yang
                              CMN - Rubin - xxxRubin_Datalinksxxx@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X