Fast Paced PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Paced PBEM

I'd like to start a game of between 3 and 5 players with the intent of keeping up a good pace. I'd like to play at LEAST 3 turns a day. If anyone is sick of waiting days for their next turn, sign up. Only sign up if your serious. I know stuff can happen, so a missed day is acceptable. But seeing as how long a game of ACAX takes anyways, taking a turn every 2 or 3 days is somewhat intolerable. I am in a one on one game with wgabrie and we played out about 25 turns in under 3 hours. I had a blast. Who else is in?

I'd like to play either 'strait'
    No Stockpile Insertions
    No Crawler Upgrades
    No Glitch Usage

or 'flavored'
    Allows everything allowed by tourney rules.

I don't really care, as long as I can get a few turns a day in.
    Agent Subversion out

I'm reading up on using TCP/IP for the first few dozen turns to get it all kicked off, then as lag becomes a problem switching to PBEM.
    Also started working on a few map ideas. Discussion for type of map can happen in here as well, though I'd like to start within the week.
    Agent Subversion out

Comment

I'm interested in a fast paced game as well, although I will be quite busy with exams until Dec. 18th. This means that TCP/IP will be out of the question for me until then, although I could still play PBEM. I'd say that 4 players would be the optimum number for the game. This would be a more interesting game diplomatically than with 3 players, and it would be faster than a five player game.

I'm able to play quite reliably between 15 and 21 GMT, although at the moment I can play PBEM turns between 9 and 21 GMT, since I don't have any lectures. If we really wish to get more than 1 turn per day, we should find a time when everyone can be online. Seeing as most people are from the North America here, I understand that you might prefer to have all the players from there.

I have to say that there's only one faction that I know how to play -- the University. I've been meaning to learn the other factions as well, but I haven't had time for that yet. Therefore, unless duplicate factions are allowed, I'm ready to give this game a pass if someone else wants the Uni.

Regarding the rules, I'd prefer to allow crawler upgrading. Otherwise, any reasonable ruleset should be fine by me. Also, I prefer directed research and SMAX.

Comment

You can count me in. I can handle at least two turns on weekdays (one in the morning and one or more in the evening), and no less than one on weekends.

To keep the pace the way you want it I would suggest 3 or 4 players maximum.

Also, I don't have SMAX, so if that's the route you want to go I'll politely bow out. And I agree with MM about any reasonable ruleset.

Comment

Is regular AC ok with you Minute? Be sure and post what game SMAX or SMAC when you post your intrest. I prefer Univ by far, but i'll play something else.
          Agent Subversion out

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSubversion
            Is regular AC ok with you Minute? Be sure and post what game SMAX or SMAC when you post your intrest. I prefer Univ by far, but i'll play something else.
            I'm OK with regular SMAC. By the way, will a CMN set up the game? If yes, it is possible to set up duplicate factions, of even for all the players to play the same faction.

Comment

I dunno, I'm learning as I go. Right now actually.
              I'm sure well get a CMN though, as is proper. Unless we just set up a random map and have ppl enter their own passwords when they get their first turn. Seems how it works to me, according to the docs i'm reading. I don't think we should have duplicate factions anyway. I'll go for another builder faction, or maybe I'll learn the drones.
              Who's up for a warm up H2H right now?
              Agent Subversion out

Comment

I've been playing lots of builders lately... so I'll try the Hive out for once.

Just waiting for the last player then.....

*waits and checks forum twenty seconds later*

Still waiting...

Comment

Haha
                  I'm doing the same thing
                  Agent Subversion out

Comment

Idea:
                    Lets use the apolyton irc server to idle in, so we know who is on and who isn't. Then there won't be any guesswork as to where the turn is at. No need to chat, but we can look and say to ourselves, "The others are all online! I'll stick around and hopefully a few turns can get run."
                    Any concerns?
                    Agent Subversion out

Comment

I don't have IRC, and in any case I won't be continuosly online, at least before 15 GMT. Instead, I'll go online for just a moment every now and then to check my mail.

Comment

This webpage has an IRC applet. Not a good excuse, you can just click on chat and put in a nick. They were kind enough to set up all we could need.
                        You DO sound like a member of the PuT Democracy Team.
                        (Low blow, couldn't help it)
                        Agent Subversion out

Comment

You can still see who's online by the light bulbs, so I don't really know why the chat room is necessary. In any case, I won't be online too much on weekdays between 5 and 15 GMT because I'll have to pay for the time spent online then. Hopefully I'll get ADSL soon, and this will change.

Comment

I see a lot of turns missed because ppl come on, check and leave for a few hours. Can we set up a place where a list of people involved is avalable?
                            Gotta idea....
                            Agent Subversion out

Comment

Ahhh
                              Add everyone to your buddy list, great idea!
                              Works just fine.
                              Agent Subversion out

Comment

Working...
                              X