Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smac Pbem

I am trying to start a PBEM game with the following nonstandard rules:
    No pod-popping (you may not add a colony pod's population to a base whose population is already at its hab limit.)
    You may not cash in upgraded supply convoys.
    You must insert something other than stockpile energy into the build queue after a facility, and you may not insert stockpile energy into the queue after a unit.

Preferably we would have 7 players. It would be OK if we had fewer.
    I was thinking anything from standard to huge map, normal climate, age, and landmass. Tech stagnation possible. Do or Die possible. Blind Research possible. No Unity Survey definite.
    I am open to suggestions of course. Really I just want to play.
    I will be the Gaians or the University, whichever one nobody wants.
    Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

I would be interested in the modified rules... but only if the player limit is perhaps three or four. I'm new to PBEM, and got involved in some 7 player games (okay... one shrank to five before turn one) that are VERY slow paced.

Basically... if you can scrape up six other people, go for it. If not... I'm interested in Peacekeepers

Comment

sammy1339:

you're in Alien Secrets, and we need your e-mail addy to send the password to and the turns

See here

Can you send me something (anything) to (without the xxx's, of course):

xxxgooglie@canada.comxxx

Tks

G.

Comment

I'll play a game with ya sammy and fosse
        I'd like the University if i could
        Agent Subversion out

Comment

Great. So we've got three players. Let's wait for one or two more and then I'll try to figure out how to get this going.
          Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

Comment

I'd be willin' to do
            Sammy1339
            Fossi
            Agent Subversion

3 ppl
            quick(er) turns
            Agent Subversion out

Comment

I would be willing to do that too, except I just found out I can't open multiplayer saves. I only have four options in my multiplayer menu, for some reason, and all of them are "DirectPlay" options. I have no idea why this happened, but I do kno wthat "DirectPlay" stinks, which is why nobody uses it. So you guys will have to find somebody else or else play one-on-one.

Comment

You need to patch your game to get PBEM. Do it! I wanna play!
                Agent Subversion out

Comment

I can't. The patch won't work on my computer. SMAX used to work on my other computer, but now I have vanilla SMAC and it won't work at all. I'll see if the tech support people can do anything about it, but I don't know if it will work. I will definitely tell you if it does, though, because I want to play too.

Comment

there is a SMACupdate patch that allows PBEM. You tried the AC one?
                    Agent Subversion out

Comment

Working...
                    X