X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on to Herc.

Comment

• 2242 to Paul.

If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• 2243 to Mong

Comment

• Game Over. Acendence achieved.

Any of you that want to see my last turn, send me a note to that effect.

Very interesting game concept here. Having no SPs puts quite a twist on the game, IMO.

I stole this one. Ten turns ago, I thought Paul had an insurmountable lead.

Ciao!

Comment

• It is sung. And it was a steal. Mind you the Consciousness was never in the running.

It is interesting that this is the second PBem game I have recently been involved in where the DA's thru good pacts and tech manouveurs have come out winning.

Congratulations.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose
              Game Over. Acendence achieved.

I stole this one. Ten turns ago, I thought Paul had an insurmountable lead.
              Well, congratulations Mong. It was a very interesting game, especially seeing how Krysia's Krusader had enhanced the Gaians above and beyond anything I ever could have done with them (especially in the diplomatic arena).
              I think the one mistake I made was outlining to you my employment of the concept of schwerpunkt, and its major weakness - you took full advantage of it to eliminate any riposte I might have offered once you made your move! Oh well, me and my big mouth....
              I would have to say I definately recommend the concept of no SP's for future PBEM's - definately a different twist (and strategizing) on the game!

D

Comment

• I think the one mistake I made was outlining to you my employment of the concept of schwerpunkt, and its major weakness
                What is schwerpunkt? I never heard of that tactic before.

Comment

• I think I agree on the no SP angle. It would be nice to be in at the start of any similar, no SP, game set up.

Also I must say my predecessor in this game had the most unusual base naming convention.

Also Mong gave us a lesson in 'Instabuild' which was impressive. Still not sure how he did it.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody

What is schwerpunkt? I never heard of that tactic before.
                    Schwerpunkt is a German word (or phrase - I'm not sure which)and is associated militarily with centers of control, or power, and essentially can be thought of as a citadel, or built up base with lots of defenders and offensive units that are militarily responsible for control of a region/ front, both offensively and defensively. It is essentially the correct tactic to employ when keeping in mind the phrase "He who defends everything defends nothing".

D

Comment

• The English equivalent is, AFAIK, warhead.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Cngratulations Mong. Two weeks in a row I've said that! I was a fairly late replacement but it was still interesting. It did make for a very different game, seemed very quiet up until quite late. It was fun using orbital defense pods & gravships though- don't get to do that too often!

Hobbes
                        If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                        X