Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Googlie

Anything else?
    My free tech choice is the same as in the last game you set up (7-up).

Comment

1) friend of t_ras is shaiko and his registred
      2)i'd rader have spoils of war. it makes it much nore worthie to fight for the cities and if one cant run tou the others in thec without building army and echonomics, couse he'll eventualy loose it. it make sthe game more balanced.
      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

OK, well, I didn't know how the probe rule worked. The way I see it it shouldn't really matter in a seven player game if you probe somebody and decide they didn't care because if someone sees you probing him he probably is going to declare war on you anyway and human players are not going to look at reputation. But I don't mind having the rule either way.
        But just out of curiosity I would like to ask you: why wouldn't you be allowed to insert stockpile energy into the build queue after a military unit?
        Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by sammy1339
          OK, well, I didn't know how the probe rule worked. The way I see it it shouldn't really matter in a seven player game if you probe somebody and decide they didn't care because if someone sees you probing him he probably is going to declare war on you anyway and human players are not going to look at reputation. But I don't mind having the rule either way.
          The problem is seeing someone probing - AFAIK, and I haven't played much PBEM, there's no way to really know if someone has probed you.

Originally posted by sammy1339
          But just out of curiosity I would like to ask you: why wouldn't you be allowed to insert stockpile energy into the build queue after a military unit?
          Do you know of the stockpile energy bug? Here's one thread that explains it.

Comment

OK. Got it. Good.

You guys can put the probe rule back then. That kinda stinks, though.
            Although - why not just have a rule forcing the player doing the probe action to tell the guy he probed about it? Either way the "frame another faction" option is no good, and this way it doesn't result in the loss of one turn of commerce if the faction you probe decides to keep the treaty or pact intact. Just a thought.
            Last edited by sammy1339; October 31, 2003, 15:19.
            Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

Comment

Wow, I just checked this post for the first time in about 2 weeks, I thought that it had become lost in the depths of the forums... Glad to hear that we've got a game going! So my email is xxxxxjeremiahtkane@hotmail.comxxxxxx (just remove x's) and I'll play the peacekeepers. Looking forward to playing everyone!

Comment

yep, lest begin!!!!!!!!
                "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Comment

Hey- Everybody awake? I still haven't received an e-mail from you guys :-(.

Comment

PMed googlie....

Comment

I'll set it up - and assume that as the CyCon aren't in this game that spoils of waron is agreed

And I think that the suggested solution to the Probe bug would work

............... The prober must advise the probee that he has had a covert action against him, and allow the victimized party to make the decision whether to ignore, sternly warn or take more serious action ..............

I like this, in that it gives even more diplomatic choices (eg Hmm, I see. Well then, pay me 100 credits next turn or I shall declare vendetta, etc etc)

But deciding on this rukle amendment needn't hold up the game, so I'll get working on it

G.

Comment

sounds grate!

Comment

sammy1339:

I need you to swend me an e-mail (or give your e-mail affy here)

send to (without the xxx's):

xxxgooglie@canada.comxxx

tks

G.

Comment

The game has started. The turn reporting thread is here

Note that I still need sammy1339's e-mail address (otherwise the game will stall with General Shaiko having nowhere to send the turn)

Good luck all

Googlie

Hmm - I also need dacole's e-mail addy (DC, I thought I had it, but I guess not)
                              Last edited by Googlie; November 10, 2003, 00:04.

Comment

wow had forgotten about this as well heh googilies email reminded me of it! So there is no way in a pbem to tell the difference between a sucessful or unsucessful probe action? Odd, in game if your probe is caught they saw you if not they didn't right? Anyway could we use this to check for success? If the probe returns to one of your bases probe was unsuccesful if its caught you have to tell the other player about it. Also what ever rule we decide on I would apply it only to treatys and pacts not truces (since this is the default setting) that way a faction that you have met but not been officialy friendly with is still open for probeing. Just some ideas!
                                A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Working...
                                X