SMAX PBEM - Yoda, RedMenace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX PBEM - Yoda, RedMenace

Uh, this thread is to sort out a SMAX PBEM with jtsisyoda and TheRedMenace... rules, contact info, blah blah.

jtsisyoda - jtscheidt at hotmail dot-com
    TheRedMenace - msernatinger at hotmail dotcom
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

TRM,
    Do you have any preferences for this game? Size, rules, factions, etc.?
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

I prefer to play as close to the Standard rules as possible, but I'm very flexible. I do like the AI to be tweaked, though my lazy self isn't willing to do more than randomize their personalities. I'm hearing a lot about the "Googlie Tweaked' AI, but I don't know exactly what his changed entail.

Good stuff, I'm sure. I usually play on a standard map with randomized environment and life cycle.

~Teh Red Mencae!!!1111one

Comment

I think Googlie does a bunch of different modifications based on what he's creating for people.

For the map, standard size is ok, and I usually go with average land, clouds, etc. I think I prefer no Aliens.

I started a previous H2H without using a CMN, with a random world. The first try stank so we just restarted after about two turns. With only two people, you can tell pretty quickly whether the start is fair. If you want to get a CMN that's cool, but if we want to get rolling, one of us could just start it and send it on.

Who picks their faction first?

Comment

We don't need a CMN, I prefer just a nice random map anyway, as starting from disadvantage can be interesting in its own right. You can pick first fac.

Comment

Yes, disadvantage can be an interesting challenge, within reason. But I know I'm not superman, so I don't need a chance to prove it by starting on a tiny desert island with two other factions. Barring something like that, let's take our chances.

I'll go with CyCon.

After you pick your faction, we can pick some AI factions. Then who should start it? I flipped a coin and won (promise! ) so I'll do it, unless you object.

As far as rules go, I think it boils down to:
            Crawler upgrading? I prefer yes.
            Reverse engineering? I prefer yes, but not rovers from probes.
            Stockpile energy bug? I strongly prefer no.
            Notify opponent when probing them? I prefer yes.

Comment

Alright I think I'll go drones, and you can set up whatever AIs you want.

As far as rules go,:
              Crawler upgrading? I prefer NO.
              Reverse engineering? I prefer YES
              Stockpile energy bug? I strongly prefer NO
              Notify opponent when probing them? I prefer NO

Comment

On second thought, probe notification doesn't make sense in H2H.

Crawler upgrading... hmmm... I really like this one. I don't consider it a cheat. Not having it favors a faction with really high industry (Drones/Hive).

I forgot to bring up difficulty level. Another H2H opponent of mine suggested that Librarian is good for H2H (speeds things up). It decreases the relative value of Domai's -1 drone, though.

In the interest of compromise... Would you rather have a) crawler upgrading on Transcend or b) no crawler upgrading on Librarian? I think either situation is fair for both sides.

Comment

What do you say, Red? Have a seat at the negotiation table.

Comment

I'll play on Trannie.

Comment

Ok, I tried putting everything in one place for what we're doing...

SMAX H2H

yoda - CyCon - jtscheidt at hotmail dot-com
                      TRM - Drones - msernatinger at hotmail dotcom
                      AI - Spartans
                      AI - Gaians
                      AI - PK
                      AI - Uni
                      AI - Hive

Transcend Difficulty
                      Standard size
                      Random water, natives, etc.

Crawler upgrading? YES.
                      Reverse engineering? YES, but not rovers from probes.
                      Stockpile energy bug? NO.
                      Notify opponent when probing them? NO.

If this looks ok, I'll kick it off.

Comment

C'mon Yoda, get your butt moving, you tiny green piece of -- oops this is a family friendly board!

I'm looking forward to the turn in my mail.

Comment

has this game started yet?

Comment

Yes, it started, but if you're looking for a game, maybe you'd be interested in replacing someone from another game of mine? SMAX, Hive, 2107? See this thread:

Comment

Blut0 has taken over the Hive in the BLTT game.

Comment

Working...
                              X