PBEM anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM anyone?

Well, I just got the SMAX expansion (I actually hadn't played since before it came out, but I found my SMAC CD when visiting my parents so I started playing again realizing how fun it actually is). Anyway, I figured I'd try the PBEM function. I haven't played any multiplayer SMAC game, so it's about time. Anyone interested in joining up? You guys with more experience with this should set it up, I'm just interested in playing and I thought this would be the fastest way to get it going.

Hello Gufnork,
    welcome to Apolyton! This is a great place to sign up for/ start PBEM Games! If you would like to have someone set up your game for you, why let me know, and I can do this for this game. Also, if you'd like to gain some knowledge in how to play PBEM's, as well as how to accelerate your playing capabilities, why visit the SMAC Academy . FYI.

D

Comment

Thank you, that would take care of one obstacle. Now all I need is players. And since I'm new to PBEM and very naive it shouldn't be hard to find players willing to abuse me to boost their own egos?

Comment

post some setts you want to use now aswell, helps people decide, everyone has different tastes.
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Well, I don't know which settings are fun, so I thought I'd let the other players decide. Transcend difficulty is all I ask for.

Comment

My PBEM experience consists of a couple of partial games. I'll join you in a SMAC game ... I do not have SMAX. I enjoy playing Gaian, but am willing to take any role.

Comment

Hi,
              Yeah i'd like to join the game if that's possible. I'm not 2 experienced at multiplayer but I've done ok in the past.
              I don't really mind who I play as, but my prefernces are gaians 1st and peacekeepers 2nd, or maybe even the believers.

Comment

And I don't have SMAX either

Comment

Ok, so I'll sign Chip_Buckner up as Gaian, Hazza as Peacekeepers. I think I'll play University myself, or Spartans if a fourth player wants to play University. One more and we'll start.

Comment

Cool, please note tho, that I am going on holiday at the end of July, so if you do not want delays I suggest starting the game later than the middle of August (not really acceptable coz every1 will be wanting to play be4 then) or just getting rid of me and getting rid of the waiting too.
                    Honestly, I don't mind what you choose, but I'll be playing a PBEM game on SMAC definitly when I return from my holiday.

Comment

For Hazza ...
                      My thoughts are either to get a temporary substitute, wait for your return or ... and I've never heard of anyone doing this, but ... before you leave.
                      (1) Turn the Governor on for your bases;
                      (2) Give your password to the person who plays AFTER you;
                      (3) When the player who plays before you finishes, he skips you and sends the game to the player who follows you;
                      (4) When the person AFTER you gets your turn, he "plays" it by doing nothing (the Governors do whatever they do), then he saves and loads his own turn.
                      Or, you all may have better ideas.
                      CHIP

Comment

Have you guys ever get another players? If not I could sign up. I've never played in a PBEM before. And I only have SMAC. I usually play Gaian but I see that it is already taken. I guess I can play Hive too since I'm now in the Hive in the ACDG. That is if you still need people to play with.
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

We need one more, since four seems to be a good number for multiplayer. Possibly another one, depending on Huzza and his holiday. Btw, SMAX didn't work after all?

Comment

Actually yes it did work. It's just that I haven't had time to get familiar with it yet.

So let me know if you would have me. If yes I would prefer we could start soon since my time after August will be busier.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yes, step right up. If everyone would just send me their mails we'll get it started. I'm getting worried that I've heard nothing from Chip and Huzza for a while though.

Comment

Working...
                              X