new game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new game?

greetings looking for a play by email game don't have the expansion. Any takers? Settings are negotiable only serious players (had wayyy to many games die) need apply.

Thanks

Daniel Cole (some of you may remember me from the begining of the spartan chronicles--ran the subs for a bit)

dacole@wfubmc.edu
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Hello dacole,
    well, either my games are dead, lethargic now that its Spring, or else on hold, so I'm up for another game. As far as settings, why it doesn't matter much. I'll take Hive or Uni's. Also, if your interested in signing up for something more organized, why check out here .

D

Comment

I wanna play!
      I wanna!

I'll be either uni or gaia or hive or sparta or morgan or peacekeepers or even believers maybe that would be fun! I wanna play!

Serious!

Comment

Hello GemeniRai!
        Glad to have you on board! btw, whats your experience with SMAC? Reason I am asking is that if dacole is claiming to have been involved in The Spartan Chronicles, then he's no lightweight, and I have about 18 months exerience playing PBEM's myself. FYI.
        Also, since we now have 3 players, then we might want to start forming up our preferences for this game. Any input here? From my perspective, 4 is usually enough players for a game, so I'd say once we get one more, then that should be enough, eh?
        Any other input?

D

Comment

Well I haven't been playing that long, but I've done a fair bit of research on tactics/whatnot and have gotten in some practice too, and recently managed to transcend with the believers on Thinker level, holding off constant attacks all the while.

This is my first PBEM though, and I'm quite looking forward to it as in SP I tend to use turns like popcorn, and am enthusiastic about being able to put much more value into every individual turn and take everything into account with every decision I make and hopefully play a much better game.

As for the options I'd be willing to play whatever is decided, and don't really have a strong opinion on what to chose myself. So whatever you decide is fine with me
          Last edited by GeminiRai; May 7, 2003, 05:39.

Comment

I'd ike to play- hopefully we could up my average of 1.5 turns per game!

Comment

You want to up your average and I want to lower mine, what a coincidence, would you care to exchange philosophies of life? Or maybe some Tacos, I like tacos.

Comment

Your average is zero, I don't think it can go any lower

Comment

Hey Gibs, be nice to him

I'm interested. I'll take the Uni if they're available. I'm no slouch myself BTW.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                    I'm interested. I'll take the Uni if they're available. I'm no slouch myself BTW.

-Jam
                    Welcome aboard, War of Art!
                    I haven't heard anything else from dacole since he started this thread, however if he does respond, then maybe I'll bow out (5 is pushing the limits of of good turnage in a PBEM), and become your CMN instead, if you want? Let me know what you think, and we can proceed.
                    Also, settings? Any input? My thought is:

Transcend
                    Huge map
                    Dense Cloud cover
                    50-70% ocean
                    Average other stuff
                    Beefed up AI

Feedback?

Comment

if there's any other openings I'm available. I play a turn a day.

Comment

Hey all I'm back Glad to see all the interest that I generated I'll take what ever faction is left I guess (someone please take morgan and believers...god how I hate them one gives a bad name to capitalism the other to religion) only other request is that we use a medium to huge map and have none blind research. Also a CMN would be wonderful!
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Is this game gonna go then? I'm still interested.

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm also free for a new game, if this is closed already, maybe a new one. Prefer SMACX.
                            (If you don't have it, look at http://1st-euro.com/AC/tools.html (the last file at the bottom)
                            http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                            http://civ3.2be.cc/
                            http://1steuro.net/

Comment

Working...
                            X