Challenges in Hall of fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges in Hall of fame

I just looked at the hall of fame, and noticed the challenges (one city challenge and zero facilities challenge). I also noticed that there was a broken link to a forum thread, where the specifics (details of basic, advanced and ultimate challenge) were described.

Are there any long-time member here who actually remember these details, and is able to repost it here?

Wow, you want some ooold timers.

Sorry, I haven't been there that long.....I'l try see if I can find it, but try PMing Googlie. He's been here for a while and he's the last poster I remember discussing the hall of fame challenges.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I believe the details of the challenges are on either the ACStuff or Alpha Centauri Argentina websites. Sorry, but that's all I know.
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Here's a thread in which Vel discusses the OCC (=One City Challenge) rules:

Zero Facilities Challenge rules are more difficult to find. Here's a description taken from version 4 of Vel's guide:

1) Only the Standard Map of Planet is allowed.
        2) The following game settings must be adhered to
        a) Transcend/Ironman
        b) Rare Lifeforms
        c) Blind Research
        d) Tech Stag
        e) Aggressive AI
        f) No spoils of war
        g) Do or Die
        3) You are not allowed to build any base facilities. These base facilities are not inclusive of those that come along with faction inheritance, or those provided by Secret Projects.
        4) You are allowed to keep those base facilities left over from enemy's cities conquered (there is no need to recycle them).

If you're interested in other challenges, Vel's guide has lots more.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

No formers scenario is quite fun as you see the entire map taken up by crawlers each returning something like 1-2 nut or 1 mineral
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Is there a 'No Secret Projects Challenge'

Assume there must be, seems so obvious once you start saying 'I wont get Cloudbase, but I'll leave it in for the AI'....

Comment

Working...
            X