Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the expansion (Alien Crossfire) worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the expansion (Alien Crossfire) worth it?

I enjoyed AC for a while when it was first released, but for some reason got a bit distracted and moved one. Now I am rediscovering it and enjoying beating the crap out of Miriam and lal : .

However, I don't have the expansion pack (Alien Crossfire) and I am wondering if it is worth getting. Does it add much to the game or can I get as much our of a free player-made mod? What is extra?

Good God! I just looked on Amazon, and they have the price as "from $99.00"

Comment

That shows you how much people want it. It turns a great game into a FANTASTIC game, at least that's what some say. I don't like a couple of the new techs, but...

The Alien X-fire expansion is absolute gold dust. If you can get it, the do so, or you'll always regret it. And if you don't like it, you can easily sell it on for a profit. Easily.

Buy Now !

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd personally buy it for $100, but the expansion certainly takes this great game to a whole new level, IMO.

You get 7 new factions, plus a built in factions editor, plus new faction options like aquatic or alien

New techs
        New Unit ability
        New Secret Projects
        New alien lifeforms

It's the same game, just more of it.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Definately a worthy extra to buy.
          Damn you were being serious about the price, eesh talk about the laws of supply and demand.
          I just love rubbing it in that i got my smax free when i bought AC

Go download it from somewhere ... cant remember if we're allowed to mention where or not since it is illegal
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
            Go download it from somewhere ... cant remember if we're allowed to mention where or not since it is illegal
            Well, I am definitely not buying it for $99.....

Comment

Well, you know the rules about that sort of thing. Anyways, SMAX was the underdog of the line, which is why it's so rare [and expensive! Yeesh!] Wish I could get an image of the CD so I could burn it or something. I really want the SP movies...

Comment

I love SMAX, but the price is too high, you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere in Europe.

Comment

What? What I said wasn't enough of a hint? Maybe if I do boldface and underline, and put 'em in bright orange...

Comment

you should provide an url to the overcats

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Yes!

Yes it is definitely worth it, especially if you loved SMAC as much as I did. I got incredibly lucky. I found it in the used software section of Electronics Boutique for $7.99.

Comment

Its excellent...
                        (+1)

Comment

i'm waiting for some1 to post that the url doesn't work
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Hopefully we have more sense...
                            (+1)

Comment

I'm not soooo dumb to post a real link. Marko would boot my bum

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X