AC and CD-ROM Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC and CD-ROM Drive

Hi. I've been playing Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire ever since they came out.

The one thing that irritated me was that I had to put the CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive to get Alien Crossfire to run. Since most of the time I play the game on my laptop on the road, this was very irritating to me. I always had to remember to bring the CD-ROM everywhere.

A couple of years ago, I found a website that had a software work-around. Once you installed it, you no longer had to keep inserting the CD-ROM. It was wonderful!

I am about to get a new laptop, and need to install the game in my new computer. I would like to be able to install this work-around, too, but I have no idea where I can find it! I've totally forgotten the original source.

Is there someone out there who can help me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Look in the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of the page before you post, please.

Comment

I don't think looking for cracks is generally considered part of the FAQ. But that's just me.

Comment

It shouldn't be too hard to find. And as long as you own the CD, I don't see any problem with it. The link should be in any number of old threads you'll find if you search this forum.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Diva
          I don't think looking for cracks is generally considered part of the FAQ. But that's just me.
          Maybe not, but it IS in there. I ought to know, I put the answer there when someone posted the question to the FAQ thread. Remember, I'm talking about the FAQ on the top of _this_ forum page, not the FAQ on Firaxis' site.

Comment

Try Googlie's site.

You can just copy the (cracked) exe's onto your laptop if you still have them on a desktop or backup.

Comment

www.megagames.com should have it
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
              X