Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Faction/Leader Is Your Favorite Ally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer Morgan, he rarely does anything but trade with me.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I like to ally with the Gaians, but it's hard because I usually go Free Market.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I like to ally with the University tech geeks.
        and I also like to ally with the Gaians, because they are so green.
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Allies or submisive pactmates?
          (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
            Allies or submisive pactmates?
            Aren't they the same thing?
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

For me yes...
              (+1)

Comment

Aki is good. So is Vorlan - a downloadable faction who is fun to play.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Drones. They Fight you build. (Be sure to provide them /w some tech's though)
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Best Ally ? My Planet Buster

Oh wait, faction leader ? I do like Yang, but since I usually end up being the bad Hive in most my games, I like Roze or the hindu guy, one gets me the fresh techs once I beat her into a pulp, and the other is a sissy.

Comment

Strangely, in most of the games I play, Lal is usually a very strong contender. He's the one who'll be well connected with allies coming after me while he builds up a tech lead and then fires missile after missile into my bases.

Bugger.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Santiago or Yang, so I can send em off to attack my enemies.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

all you got to do for Lal is smack him up a bit. Take over a couple of his bases and shout some demands his way via comm-link and he'll usually say "please don't kill me! I surrender!"

But I end up 'bustering his a**.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Since I run Planned until it is a neccessity to run Green (Planet and B-drones), since I am not a big fan of Free Market (Choppers! Need I stress any more? Not to mention the fact that I have random units roaming around Planet just snooping around.), I usually befriend the Gaians, unless they land right next to me in which case they are a neccessary sacrifice . Otherwise they seem good allies, with only one reported betrayal, which wasn't immediate but gradual, and ended up with me being careless and letting her develop nukes and using them...

University and Lal have betrayed me too many times - way too many times, and Zak has even sneak attacked me with Wealth p1ssing him off...

Other factions really have a tendency to p1ss me off - either with their twisted agendas, or I get really jealous (like Morgan and Drones ).

Aki is also a good ally from the AX factions, not to mention a pretty-looking Scandinavian... :nice:

But with submissives? Oh... that's an entirerly different story in which Miriam is IMO the best as you can feed her tech so she does the rough work for you!
                            ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                            ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

As allies, nobody was really reliable. Morgan would probably do if I didn't insist to run planned. Everybody is welcome as submissive except Miriam who betrayed me twice in one game - which simply means I don't build her up.
                              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
                              X