Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Faction/Leader Is Your Favorite Ally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Faction/Leader Is Your Favorite Ally?

what faction/leader is your favorite ally? and why?
    how this depends what faction you play?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Any and all factions which favor democratic politics. My alliances as a Morganite serve only to increase revenues through trade, so I'm always interested in whichever factions I can keep my friends at the lowest possible price.

Comment

Aki because until the late stages of the game all other factions argue with some SE choice i've made or just simply don't like me. Also Aki is like a friend who you can have a fun fight with after i've given her some new reactors and plenty of cash Then she'll become submissive and I'll set her on some other weak AI and watch her massacre them with her new weapons ... well I need something to entertain me once the micromanagement kicks in
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

It's possible to have allies in SMAC? They all come screaming for my blood.

But generally anyone who can both be talked into a pact and builds a decent amount of bases so I can profit from him is good. Which means Lal is my friend. I almost always play a builder start, so early trade is great.

Pirates can sometimes be a solid ally, but they are fickle. And prone to living in your lap and not quite understanding why they can't borrow your pants, eh, coast line.

Comment

I've always found the University to be a solid ally. But then again, that's usually because I run Knowledge.

The Peacekeepers are usually begging for a pact with me as well, since I prefer to run Democratic (except of course when I am playing as the Hive )

Everyone else seems to hate me from the word go, even when I am not yet using the social engineering choice they hate me using (Yes. Even... no... ESPECIALLY the Gaians and especially the Morganites)
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My all time favorite ally is the Gaians!!

Comment

Aki or Zak, I want there tech...
              What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Zak. In all the games I've played, he's the one who doesn't really care what atrocity I do. Deidre would be next seeing as how we both seem to see eye-to-eye at the beginning, but eventually Planet gets too big for the both of us...
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Submissive Zak.

Ummm.... tasty techs.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Zak. I also favor Knowledge a lot, so he's usually nice to me. And, contrary to the other leaders, he's not constantly bothering me with "oh, I don't like this thing that you did/are doing".
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I play as the Hive so the only factions who like me are the Aliens, and only one of them can like anybody so that's not particularly good.

Police State irks Lal, Roze, Domai, and Miriam.

Planned economics are offensive to Morgan, Cha Dawn, and Deirdre.

Wealth offends Santiago, Zakharov, and for some reason Svensgaard (even though he should have no particular aversion).

I have a personal dislike to Aki Zeta5 because I think her faction is way too powerful. I usually move against her violently and fatally as soon as I can.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Morgan. It's nice if he's on the far side of the world, but his location isn't all that critical. Give him just enough help to keep him from being squashed and he'll be a good distraction for the other factions, drawing some attention away from whatever I might be up to.
                        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I agree about Aki Zeta. Can be a very bothersome faction.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                            Wealth offends Santiago, Zakharov, and for some reason Svensgaard (even though he should have no particular aversion).
                            Sven is a power-lover, like Santiago. While you might think that the AI factions would only dislike you if you chose their aversions, this is not the case. Basically, if you make a choice that's different from the AI's preferred (mandatory) SE choice, they're going to get pissed off at you. This is why when playing Yang, LAL is _always_ your enemy, and why Domai will _never_ get along with the Gaians or Cult for very long.

It's interesting to not that while Zak can't pick Fundy himself, he doesn't mind if you take it, likewise Mimi and knowledge.

Comment

definatly gaians
                              I'm back, sorry everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X