Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to make new council proposals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to make new council proposals?

And if it is, where such can be gained?
    Vitaly Belman

i believe not

(though i hope i'm wrong. "TKG has conviened the planetary council. Agenda: Everyone launch their PBs against Miriam" )

Comment

No, unless you do biiig changes to the SMAC/SMAX program itself.
      Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

I think you can slightly edit the exising ones, changing 500ec for the fusion core to 2000 and stuff right ?
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
          I think you can slightly edit the exising ones, changing 500ec for the fusion core to 2000 and stuff right ?
          No, I think all the proposals are hard-coded. The text under the "#PROPOSALS" heading is merely descriptive. You can change the "+500" to "+2000" but it will still result in 500 for every faction. There's no other setting for it, as far as I know.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

You can add text to the "Disable" one. No idea what it does, or even if it does anything.

Comment

What really needs to happen is that Firaxis needs to release the source code for SMAX, so folks with an earnest desire to upgrade the game (and fix the bugs) can do so. I think it's safe to say that they've abandoned any idea of continuing to market or support the game. I'd be much more inclined to tolerate the horrible mess they made of CivIII if they would let me take a peek at the code for SMAC(X). Imagine what could be done if someone could write a GOOD AI, for example.

Comment

Well, if you can teach a matchbox to play tic-tac-toe...

Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Comment

I taught a matchbox to play dead once.
                  Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
                    What really needs to happen is that Firaxis needs to release the source code for SMAX, .... if they would let me take a peek at the code for SMAC(X)
                    I think that will never happen, and not because of commercial/copyright reasons (and these are not negligible themselves, see the huge running widespread misunderstanding about abandonware).
                    I think they'd be just too much ASHAMED to disclose the cause of the innumerable bugs still in the code.

I think we'd find sections like

Code:
                    if (1==2)
                      then
                        {dotherightthing;}
                      else
                        {some sorry piece of junk code;
                          unrelated and undocumented;
                          leftover from another function;
                          and accidentally pasted here;
                          nobody nose why;
                        }
                    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Originally posted by Uchuu-kun[SM42]
                      Well, if you can teach a matchbox to play tic-tac-toe...

Anyone know what I'm talking about here?
                      I think you need a SET of matchboxes for that...

Tic-tac-toe should have a rather limited set of states, and thus manageable transitions.
                      Each matchbox should represent a single specific move (i.e. transition from a current state to the next possible one).
                      The number of matches inside each "move box" give the weight of that choice. When you make a move, you choose the box containing the most matches, of those branching from the current state, and leave it open.
                      At the end of each match, the open boxes record the chosen game path within its states-transitions tree.
                      If the matchboxes won, you reward each open box with an extra match. If they lost, you instead penalise the choices made, by removing a match per open box.

Actually, you don't *teach* the boxes "how" to play.
                      You just setup a system able to *learn* by itself, from trial & error and experience.

I think this sistem is just a wee tad hard to export to more complex games...
                      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

CALL GREGORY

Comment

I think you can add things in the disabled slots, but they'll have no effect.
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                          X