X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Nocturnal Behaviour Research Ctr"

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
      Hmmmm, the last time I tried to fight of "The Flood" it didn't work. The sea level was rising so fast my Formers couldn't keep up and half my bases without Pressure Domes ended up drowning. Maybe it was due to Morgan's Borehole's and my generous use of Fusion/Quantum/and Singulairy Planet Busters...
      In that case, I find sea rises to be less of a problem since I am losing improvements to fungal blooms and to hordes and hordes of native life.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe

Flubber's tactic works well, but it can be hard to get the hang of if you haven't done it a lot. I'm getting O.K. at it, but I still experience a lot of "washing", where a tile goes undersea, then is raised back up and the improvement is gone.

I have experienced washing in the past but now I simply make a decision as to whether I want sea tile improvements and place a pressure dome or land improvements. I have never experienced washing on a tile that is 2000m + and by pulling seveal peaks to 3000m+, I have little problem keeping my empire out of the drink.

Thinking about it, if your spacing is even moderately close, you can have formers form 3-4 bases terraforming a single point that keeps them all ouyt of the water. The only crazy part might be if you get to the point that land is dropping thousands of metres but usually when that happens, " washing " is no longer an issue as you are being swamped by fungal blooms.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
          I disagree. If you have a well developed empire and a number of formers, it is possible to stay ahead of all but the very worst sea rises. With a little planning you simply pick a few points and just keep raising them to 2000+ or 3000+ m. In either case this prevents the surrounding tiles from drowning.

When raising land, I gang-form with 3 to 4 formers raising a single tile. If you have 16 + formers available you could have 4 or 5 former teams working. Unless sea rises are massive ( ie after major atrocities), these teams can keep a LARGE amount of territory out of the drink-- using the adjacency rules.
          this souns good.

thanks also to Static Universe for the tips.
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
            You plan on winning by drowning everyone?
            no I plan to prevent everybody else winning by preventing their attempts to drown me.

Alinestra:

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
              A female sheep? That's just horrible.

-Jam
              See, wool is super absorbant so if you have enough sheep...
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

but still I'm looking for information about how to get rid of those evil sea colony pods?

Comment

I believe if you remove it from the autodesigner list, the AI won't build them, for the same reason the AI doesn't build foil probes.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
                    I believe if you remove it from the autodesigner list
                    and how do I do this?

Comment

Working...
                    X