What Do You Do When.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Do When.....

all your opponents (6) all team up againts you and decide to melt polar ice caps?

stop playing? or put your formers to raise your land mass? or what?
    does launching solar shade counter this in any way?
    is there a way to turn off melt polar caps/launch solar shade?

and how do I remove sea colony pods alltogether from the game?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

You could teach your citizens to swim...
    (+1)

Comment

hmmm, it depends on how well off I am. I think building pressure domes would be the best solution....raising the land mass is only a temporary solution because eventually the land will end up getting flooded.

My encounters with flooding usually ends up with a ice cap melt, vote for a shade, but all the ecological damage ends up raising the water level anywyay.

I'm not sure how you can remove sea colony pods from the game.

You plan on winning by drowning everyone?
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I think you can remove melt polar caps/launch solar shade by going into alpha(x).txt and changing the tech needed for each to an empty tech/one really far in the game.
        Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

to remove sea colony pods: go into alpha(x).txt, set colony pod value to something atrocious and remove the sea colony pod from the list of units that pop up in the design workshop(not sure how you do this) then add every type of colony pod unit you think you'll need with appropriate costs (same here).
          Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

If its just the AI then you relish the challenge
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Patashu
              I think you can remove melt polar caps/launch solar shade by going into alpha(x).txt and changing the tech needed for each to an empty tech/one really far in the game.
              Change the following bolded words to Disable in alpha(x).txt and it will remove the options from the game:

#PROPOSALS
              Launch Solar Shade, Space, Global Cooling; Sea Levels Drop
              Increase Solar Shade, Space, Global Cooling; Sea Levels Drop
              Melt Polar Caps, EcoEng2, Global Warming; Sea Levels Rise
              If see levels rise and raising land is not really an option, then build pressure domes, then ships and heliocopters. If you're playing against the AI, then the game is mostly won, because they are worse at sea combat than land combat, IMO.
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                hmmm, it depends on how well off I am. I think building pressure domes would be the best solution....raising the land mass is only a temporary solution because eventually the land will end up getting flooded.
                I disagree. If you have a well developed empire and a number of formers, it is possible to stay ahead of all but the very worst sea rises. With a little planning you simply pick a few points and just keep raising them to 2000+ or 3000+ m. In either case this prevents the surrounding tiles from drowning.

When raising land, I gang-form with 3 to 4 formers raising a single tile. If you have 16 + formers available you could have 4 or 5 former teams working. Unless sea rises are massive ( ie after major atrocities), these teams can keep a LARGE amount of territory out of the drink-- using the adjacency rules.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Hmmmm, the last time I tried to fight of "The Flood" it didn't work. The sea level was rising so fast my Formers couldn't keep up and half my bases without Pressure Domes ended up drowning. Maybe it was due to Morgan's Borehole's and my generous use of Fusion/Quantum/and Singulairy Planet Busters...
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                    Hmmmm, the last time I tried to fight of "The Flood" it didn't work. The sea level was rising so fast my Formers couldn't keep up and half my bases without Pressure Domes ended up drowning. Maybe it was due to Morgan's Borehole's and my generous use of Fusion/Quantum/and Singulairy Planet Busters...
                    Flubber's tactic works well, but it can be hard to get the hang of if you haven't done it a lot. I'm getting O.K. at it, but I still experience a lot of "washing", where a tile goes undersea, then is raised back up and the improvement is gone.
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I prefer to use Pressure Domes.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Pressure Domes, Sea Formers, Trawlers, and Fishing Poles.
                        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

What you need, sir, is new Maxie's Ultra Super Absorbent Coagulating Wingnut with Inner Tortion Springload Maximal Support Strap-on.

Available only by catalog order from Climactic Research Center.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Ewe!
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

A female sheep? That's just horrible.

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X