What's the name of the video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the name of the video...

What's the name of the video that lots of the clips from the AC intro movie and project movies are taken from?
    World War 2 Worldwide
    Muddy Flood Plains
    World Map

Its the "Voice of Planet" project video.
    Proud member of The Human Hive, working for a better future on Chiron, today!

Comment

Yup. Ascent to Transcendence. I personally like the one with the big-head Morgan yelling at the big-head Lal. You know, the one where Morgan does a standing somersault.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I think he's talking about an actual film, that has clips like the opening montage of Hell On Earth, the baby chicks getting tossed into the machine in the Cloning Vats, the nightmarish shots of skulls and dead bodies in the Dream Twister...

I can not remember the name of that film, sorry.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Morgan yelling at Lal struck me as being Alpha Centauri's Southpark cartoon.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Hey get off my land you peacekeeping son of a *next scene*
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Three hive fans in a row.

Alinestra, Lazerus, and ME!

I like that vid. I always thought of Morgan as being really fat and him doing the somersault just blew my mind.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

voiceOfPlanet.wve
                ##The Voice of Planet
                #PROJECT31
                Imagine the entire contents of the planetary datalinks, the sum total of human knowledge, blasted into the Planetmind's fragile neural network with the full power of every reactor on the planet. Thousands of years of civilization compressed into a single searing burst of revelation. That is our last-ditch attempt to win humanity a reprieve from extinction at the hands of an awakening alien god.
                ^
                ^ -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov,
                ^ "Planet Speaks"
                I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I'm talking about the actual film, like Guynemer said. Sorry if I was vague. But Firaxis actually borrowed many clips from another film.
                  World War 2 Worldwide
                  Muddy Flood Plains
                  World Map

Comment

Hmmm....what could do is look in the actual game manual. For the credit's, some games list down what films they have borrowed from.

I'll try look in my manual and see if I can figure things out. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard because a lot of those films are created by Firaxis themselves so you might not be able to get a copy of the film at the local library.....but I'll see what I can dig up.

Comment

I looked in the manual, and from what I can find it lists only Stock Footage credits (Archive Films, Corbis, The Image Bank, WPA Film Library) and "The Dancing Baby" courtesy of Kinetix, a division of Autodesk, inc.

Someone I talked to said it was "Faces of Death." I've never seen that movie but it doesn't seem like that is the one. Can anyone verify this?
                      World War 2 Worldwide
                      Muddy Flood Plains
                      World Map

Comment

From what I know, "Faces of Death" is a compilation of clips of people dying in different circumstances. One mother gets hit by a train on camera and people get executed in horrific manners. If the video I saw is the same as what you are mentioning.....ugh, it's not a pretty sight.

Comment

I think that's what it is. But that isn't what the AC stuff is from right?
                          World War 2 Worldwide
                          Muddy Flood Plains
                          World Map

Comment

not to my knowledge. Someone else might know tho. But i don't remember any scene from the video that correspond to the AC video clip.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not Faces of Death. That seems to be more of a gross-out movie thing, but from what I can gather, the film that the AC stuff is from was like a bunch of news and documentary footage pulled together.
                              World War 2 Worldwide
                              Muddy Flood Plains
                              World Map

Comment

Working...
                              X