monsoon jungle, removing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yavoon
    thanks, bummer though. really an annoying aspect to a game.(the monsoon)
    ??? The monsoon jungle is one of my favorite aspects of the game? I fi get it im happy and if the AI gets it it makes the game a real challenge - win win situation.

Comment

Yes exactly what "Xian" says, I think its a win win situation, if I get the monsoon jungle then I'm happy if not then its a challenge, If its not mine then its worth fighting for. hehehe I think it sparks a conflict.
      -J.B.-
      Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Yes, the monsoon jungle can help make the AI much more powerful than its normal pathetic self, but don't forget that often times the jungle totally screws the AI also. On many different occasions I have seen the AI purposely not bother building any bases in an attempt to make it to the monsoon jungle. Usually, the AI hasn't even explored the part of the map with the jungle (but it seems to know anyway). Doing this essentially screws the AI from the very beginning of the game because by the time a base is built they're turns behind, or they have 1 base where they started and a second 20 or 30 spaces away in the jungle. The pirates are notorious for this. An AI pirate will ALWAYS head toward the jungle with its second colony pod even if the territory in the jungle is already taken (preventing the AI from using the squares it took so long to get to in the first place). None of this is the jungle's fault really, it's just that the AI is stupid.

Still, I think it should definately stay in.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I'm not sure why this has turned into a defend the jungle thread. but if u guys are playing a game of smac wher eonly 1 out of 6 ai's are "maybe" competitive.

then obviously we don't have the same mentality towards the game.

Comment

Single player is never competitive, IMO.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I'm pretty confident u could produce competitive situations in single player. for ne skill level. it just depends on whether u want to or not.

Comment

I'm not sure why this has turned into a defend the jungle thread.
                Why not defend it?

Ok to the point...

You found out how to remove it so I believe this question is about answered.
                Thanks,
                -J.B.-
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
                X