Interesting Method of Base Disbanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Method of Base Disbanding

This is an atrocity-free way to get rid of those annoying size-one AI sea bases that mess up your base placement scheme. After you trade for/conquer the base, build a land colony pod- and the base magically disappears!

I realize this isn't as efficient as building a sea colony pod; but it is more fun (at least the first few times ).

Put a tranpsort or an Isle in the base first, the new pod will be built onboard...unless you haven't sufficient cargo holds remaining.

Comment

Just give them back to the faction you're at war with, then conquer them AGAIN. The AI will always talk with you immediately after you've taken one of his bases.

Comment

I've had to employ this method a lot. Nothing irritates me more than having dumb AI bases all around my coast line. Not like it matters much when the AI has unlimited missle range and air fuel.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I love watching units disappear into the sea. Even when they're mine, I find it amusing. I frequently use this methid to get rid of sea bases, especially when playing against the alien factions.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

There was one time when my brother prototyped a marine unit and moved it over to a size 1 sea base. He cleared the defences, and moved his unit into it, and the base sank.

He was disconsolate
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The best way to get rid of bases is with singularity planet busters.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

This is some interesting information, thanks for providing it,
                -J.B.-
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
                X