No announcement yet.

Free base facilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gwillybj, don't be so hard on yourself. The game has so many inter-related parameters it is easy to incorrectly assume the root cause for any given effect. Even after my testing I did not conclude that that you were wrong - I half expected someone to say something like, yea but if you research ALL of the techs leading up to Quantum Machinery, then Energy Banks DO have zero maintenance. After playing Civ/Smac/other 4X games for so many years I have learned one thing about these kind of games - NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!!
    Nethog

Comment

"It's not what you don't know that hurts you...it's what you know that just ain't so!" - Mark Twain

Comment

So... in short this thread doesn't exist and the idea never came/will come to anyone to investigate this unused feature?

We should all go home because there's "nothing to see here"?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You know what's fun? Using a faction that gets free Pressure Domes at new colonies, then just expand, lots, focussing on industrial growth in your central colonies. When the other factions start doling out ecodamage, sea levels will rise - offing them and keeping you safe.

"drown, earthdiedre! planet needs earthlaughter"

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            So... in short this thread doesn't exist and the idea never came/will come to anyone to investigate this unused feature?

We should all go home because there's "nothing to see here"?
            MrWhereItsAt, "Ignorance is bliss"
            Nethog

Comment

When I first glanced at gwillybj 's post, my first impression was that I was looking at some expressionist poem.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by gwillybj
                The Prima guide saying they're "free" is not the best choice of wording, and the line in alpha(x).txt that says "Free = no longer supported" does refer to a valid feature.
                I've found that Prima strategy guides are notoriously incorrect, and expensive and useless additions to your game manual shelf.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I Love You Guys

Virtual beers all around. Nehi's for those underage or in AA (or, like me, taking prescribed psychiatric pharmeceuticals).

Nethog: Thank you for the kind words. That was such a glaring error I couldn't let it go. A good example of what not to do: Post before proofing the facts.

Mongoose: Shall I get that tattoo'd on my forehead? Maybe I'll print it out in large type and hang it above my monitor.

Maniac: If I had expressed what I was really feeling, it would have been far from poetic, and likely contained several "****" instead of smilies

Static23: True. Prima guides are frequently incorrect (sometimes I wonder if they're based an a beta and then not proofed before publishing), definitely expensive ($19.99 is a bit much for a re-hash of the manual – I got mine for $4.98 at a discount bookstore a couple of years ago), but imho not entirely useless. In this case, the font size in the SMAC Manual is a bit small for me to read comfortably, and the layout of the Guide is easier to navigate. I just have to remember to ignore the errors

MrWhereItsAt: What thread
                  Last edited by gwillybj; March 7, 2003, 23:19.
                  I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Re: I Love You Guys

Originally posted by gwillybj

Static23: True. Prima guides are frequently incorrect (sometimes I wonder if they're based an a beta and then not proofed before publishing), definitely expensive ($19.99 is a bit much for a re-hash of the manual – I got mine for $4.98 at a discount bookstore a couple of years ago), but imho not entirely useless. In this case, the font size in the SMAC Manual is a bit small for me to read comfortably, and the layout of the Guide is easier to navigate. I just have to remember to ignore the errors
                    They're definitely written before game completion so they can come out shortly after release. Maybe "useless" is a bit harsh, but they are way overpriced for being expanded copies of the manual.
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                    X