SMAX for $122.49 on Half.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX for $122.49 on Half.com

Looking at some of the other threads, I did a quick check for Alien Crossfire on Half.com. The only available PC copy is $122.49. On Ebay recently completed auctions in the US are running on the average over $60. Why won't EA/Firaxis make a second release? Can't they release it for $20 and make money !!! Even if it's only on their website, that is still an easy 300% or more markup. Now I see why people are downloading it from Underdogs. Thankfully I purchased it shortly after it was issued.

edited for typo
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Actually I have downloaded an ISO from an FTP server.

560MB @ ~14 kB/sec... Took more than 11 hours

Anyway, at least I now have the next best thing to owning the retail version. It seriously is Firaxis' fault... I'd buy it in an instant at a normal price. I am definitely not getting it at 60 bucks, let alone 122

I mean, it's 'just' an expansion pack for Mike's sake!

Comment

I recently downloaded SMACX from underdogs.

135mb at 56kbps.. Took me just over 13 hours..

And then xdfe53.dll was broken, and it wouldn't install..

but, luckily, it turns out that my friend has it...

Comment

Lucky you, my first attempt was corrupted with no one else I know with the expansion. Thank God I have a good SMAC player living near me which I gave a copy, just in case.

Normally, I'm against piracy... but if it's out-of-print: tough luck. I'd rather have the original packaging, manual, etc. but there's no other option :/.

Comment

$122.49 you' ve got to be joking...

Ivellios, it's not Firaxis' fault, Electronic Arts is (well...WAS) the publisher of the title, so typically they own the copyrights, i guess.

Comment

I had to go to Switzerland to get my copy and I paid it 50$ a cpl months after it went out in shops
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

keep an eye on eBay...

Hi all, new to the boards...

I grabbed a MIB copy of Crossfire 2 weeks ago for 12.99 using "Buy it Now". Although, I don't think the guy really knew what he had.

Comment

Hehe, somebody wanna buy my copy for $120? I'll totally sell it to you for that
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                X