Crash to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop

I have a P4 and Windows XP. I installed SMAC, used the 4.0 patch, and tried the XP compatibilty patch. I added the forcedvoxetc.=1 in my ini file.

The game gives me the "Can't recognize CPU" message, but runs anyway. However, it only runs for about 10 minutes, then crashes directly to desktop.

Has this occurred to anyone else? I really want to play SMAC to experience the things that should've been in Civ3, but sadly weren't.

Hmm - never experienced that - I am running it in XP with a P4, also just ignoring the "CPU unsupported" message, and it runs OK with me

I didn't instal the XP patch as I run the no-cd crack .exe and it would be overwritten by the patch

(you can get the no-cd prog at my Rynn's Gallery website:

That might work for you

G.

Comment

I had lots of troubles with the new patch as well, fixed installing Alien Crossfire who carries the patch in its system
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

No. SMAX does not carry the XP compatablility patch!

Comment

Working...
        X