voice-over-internet with an IP game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voice-over-internet with an IP game

I have never tried any SMAX games except solo and PBEM. I read somewhere that you can do voice communications using SMAX when playing over the internet. I assume that means using an IP game. How would I set up that kind of game, and how does voice feature work? Does it require SMAX, or just SMAC?
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

I'm looking for that answer as well. Well, eventually
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

AFAIK, using the voice chat feature is horribly destabilizing. I recommend strongly agianst doing so.

Comment

Another useless game option
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I've used the option before. It's really cool, but it also makes it REALLY easy for the game to crash. I would not recommend using it.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

The "Recomendation"

I recommend using a phone, chat box, two computers right next to each other, teleportion, or just plain threaten the computer. Or just tell the game to do it or you will uninstall it.
            -J.B.-
            Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
            X