Go Away, Taskbar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Away, Taskbar!

whenever i open a game, the taskbar just won't hide now, for some reason. can anyone help, because this is REALLY annoying

Change your resolution to 800x600 or higher.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

have you already attempted to clik on it, or on the SMAC application button in the taskbar, or just inside the SMAC screen?
      Did you attempt to fiddle with the taskbar settings, that is for instance to drag its upper border 2 rows high, and then back, or to set it on auto-hide, and then back, or to drag it to another screen side and then back where it was, hoping that its proper behavior gets restored?

It sometimes happens to me when I have to show it (with the Windows Key) in order to lauch some other application in parallel to my running SMAC, but some of the fiddling above along with a bit of patience always does it for me.
      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

yes, it won't go away. and i play at 1024.

Comment

Increase your _desktop_ resolution above 1024 x 768, the in game res won't be able to render your taskbar anymore.

Comment

If you are using auto hide for the taskbar, I suggest turning it off.

It acts buggy at times.

give it a shot
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

just kick your darn computer very strong, in Star Wars it always work...
              "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
              "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

ah, pand's suggestion seems to have worked. seriously!

Comment

I usuallydo not have to resort to hit my computer to make it compliant. Thretening it with a taser usually get the job done.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I've learnt a lesson about hitting the computer... don't.
                    (recently spent £300 on new parts)
                    -Sir T

Comment

In SMAC, AFAIK the taskbar will always AND only show up if you are running it in 1024 x 768. Change the res to anything else and it goes away. I personnally prefer it, and I hardly notice it because I have the autohide on the bar on.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I always have to threaten my comp. and Printer to make it work, or I think its going to screw up and it works, yet if I say its going to work fine it doesn't, my life is ironic.
                        If I hit it I feel it might hit me back.
                        -J.B.-
                        Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
                        X