I shot myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shot myself!

Has anyone seen this? It happend to me in a recent game.

I had artillery on the shore and an artillery piece in an adjacent base. Just after a fungal bloom offshore, I was using artillery piece on the beach to shoot at fungus hoping to hit any lurking Isles of the Deep. When I shot the fungus, it was empty of native life. Apparently the AI thought I was attacking the fungus. My own artillery piece in the base defended; and the two the artillery pieces fought together until one of them was destroyed. I believe it was the one of them in the base.

Amazing!
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

artillery acts weird all the time. like when spore launchers attack each other in a pop

Comment

Yeah, the two native spore launchers attacking each other is a close analogy to what happened.

However, I have never seen this reported here before and I have been posting here since '99.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Also have never seen or heard of this. Do you by any chance have a save file from a previous turn that you could post?
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Or a screenshot, even better
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Sorry, but it happened twice in the same game. So, I think it is repeatable.

Comment

Just bombard some of your own (ie in your own territory) squares with another of your artillery pieces nearby... the duel should ensue.

Comment

(+1)

Comment

Damn....the weirdest thing I saw was two Demon Boils controlled by the A.I. go at it.

Now THAT was dumb.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                    Damn....the weirdest thing I saw was two Demon Boils controlled by the A.I. go at it.

Now THAT was dumb.
                    The mind worms are like antibodies, right? Sometimes antibodies get the wrong instructions and start attacking the body, so this is just reflecting reality.

See? It's not a bug, it's a feature!
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

the auto-immune feature: first shoot, then ask
                      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I had something similar occur with a spore launcher (mine) and a warship. IIRC, the SL was in the base and I had just had a >pop<, so I bombarded the >popped< tile to see if there was any native life in it; I probably bombarded with the warship, but I don't remember. In this case, I think that it did not go to the death, but just resulted in my warship losing a few hitpoints. At the time, I just attributed it to that same glitch with the SL's that has already been mentioned. Perhaps I'll go to an old save and see if I can replicate something like this.

Comment

Now that you mention it, ever tried to releasing mindworms and destroying them in order to get some quick cash? If you'll manage to destroy the very first mindworms you built, a message will appear, and your faction leader will ask the troops to.. destroy your own headquarters to the ground, as retailation
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                            If you'll manage to destroy the very first mindworms you built, a message will appear, and your faction leader will ask the troops to.. destroy your own headquarters to the ground, as retailation

Comment

Working...
                            X