No announcement yet.

Efficiency Drone Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petek is quite correct, for B drones negative efficiency ratings are changed to zero for the purposes of this calculation. I notice it all the time in the early game as I switch SEs. It's a good thing too, as it allows Yang and Lal to still lay out a decent number of bases.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Oh, well, I should stand corrected then.
      My memories must not have been that accurate, or not referred to consistent environment (i.e. other variables might hav influenced them).
      Now that I think to it, a PlannedPK would have had only INT(3*(4-3)*1/2)=1 BD-free base on standard Transcend!
      BTW, Yang has 0 Eff floor anyway, so that reasoning should be N/A to him.

I do KNOW that SE changes immediately influence your B-Drones distribution tho.
      Do you mean that this works for waiving Green or Demo, but not for gettin into Planned? Or that only Gaians get Bureaucracy-penalised for getting into Planned, but not any other faction starting from 0 Eff?

In summary, your SE Eff changes DO influence your B-Drones, but the SE Eff value is floored at 0 for that purposed, as you all said.
      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Regarding the LOCATION of appearing B-Drones:
        I never run *accurate* tests about the matter.

I *thought* that the locations were related to proximity to the newly founded base.

*Definitely* the new B-Drones do NOT always appear in the new bases (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't).

Ned sustains that the order is fixed, following some pattern based on the base founding order (default F4 sorting).
        Some observations (dating 2 years ago) on my only SMAC pbem would partially confirm that (i.e. they don't deny it, but were not that accurately run to positively confirm it). Those observations, if my memory doesn't fail me again, would show that I definitely got B-Drones first in bases that were not building SPs.
        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
        X