Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Restarts

i did a search for this which turned up nothing

anyways, this recently came up in the demo game: we're trying to save the university from yang by gifting him a base on our continent, but we're afraid we may not make it in time. rescuing zak from the hive's punishment sphere isn't an option as we're playing regular SMAC.

now as we're playing with do or die on (or is it off? i forget...) he'll restart, we figure. the year is, however 224-something and nobody seems to know the cut-off date, if there is any, for restarts.

so, anyone know?

IIRC, it's 2200.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Well, that sounds like a problem.

Comment

get off my Land you Peaceloving... ;=)
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

yup archaic, that's what i thought...oh well

Comment

You sure there's no way to save him? Defend his last base with your units?
            Like you say, if gifting a base is the only way...just be sure to give him one a decent distance away from Yang.
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

it would be on our continent, far enough away for the time being. i'm not sure if we're pacted with him or not though, since this all really has more to do with "saving democracy from an evil empire" or something

Comment

What is your status with Yang? Can you ask him to call off the vendetta with Zak?

Comment

nah, we've been at war since we met.

Comment

KILL THE COMMIE BASTARD! DIE YANG DIE!

Comment

What is your status with Yang? Can you ask him to call off the vendetta with Zak?
                      Nope, for the same same reason we can't use our original plan to sace Zakh by giving him one of our bases: sunspots. They came up before we could build a new base to give him or have the authorization to give him an existing one.

Comment

If you are pacted with Zak send some noodles on a one way trip to his base(s) to use to fight Yang. If you are out of range make some air pods and use them to extend your range. Or if you have MMI use drop colony pods or send some choppers which have very good range.

I suppose that you can gift units during sunspots. Don't remember.

Otherwise, if you can attack Yang maybe you can distract him. Maybe a planet buster.

Comment

With the tech rate the Planner's have had us stuck in for all too long, no chance of that. Zak's screwed, and there's nothing we can do about it. Unless of course, Zak surrenders to Yang, but that won't help us a jot, will it?
                          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by HolyWarrior
                            KILL THE COMMIE BASTARD! DIE YANG DIE!
                            That's really lovely. Thanks for your input. Why don't you wait right here while I get your nice white coat with the beltloops and buckles on it.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                            X