Transcend Economic Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbailey
    Does the Planetary Energy Grid protect against this?
    [/QUOTE]

The PEG offers no protection against the crash.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

In multiplayer games economic victory can actually be easier than in SP. I was able to start cornering the market around year 73 and win by year 93 in one game on account of my pacts with both of the other human players. Human players also tend to focus more on the beeline towards tree farms, making it easier to get to that level of tech faster. The cost of cornering the market was only 1500 credits for me, making it fairly easy to do with my income of 300 credits a turn at maximum cash allocation.

Economic victory *can* be the easiest to achieve in MP games, because it can be done much more quickly than any other victory type. If you are far enough away from other players 20 turns can be a lot of leeway.
      Last edited by Hendrik; February 13, 2003, 23:22.
      http://xohybabla.ru

Comment

This is why you pact with the Morgan player early to exploit him while finding a partner to participate in the backstab of Morgan later.

" Hey, do you see all the credits he is making. Let's partition him. I'll offer you...."

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
          This is why you pact with the Morgan player early to exploit him while finding a partner to participate in the backstab of Morgan later.

" Hey, do you see all the credits he is making. Let's partition him. I'll offer you...."

Reminds me of someone I know...
          This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Reminds me of 20-century Communist Parties.
            My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

A couple of games ago I started winning econmically but I built 10 manifold doojamies quicker, so I could have won in this manner on transcend if I'd have gone through another 15 turns of superiority.

Comment

Whats a manifold doojamie?

Comment

Economic victory? What's fun in winning because of...money?
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
                    Whats a manifold doojamie?
                    The things that you need to build six of within a size 10 base playing as the aliens in order to win the game.

Comment

Aha. doojamies. That was a new one...
                      I played Usurper alien once, and it was just a total conquest.

btw:

Yesterday I made it.
                      I successfully cornered the Energy market on Transcend, playing the so called the "Peacekeepers" (I had Aki Zeta Blondiegirl executed) Then I sold all my fusion labs and hab complexes, etc.
                      I had to, cause the price rose from 7000 to 8000 credits very fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrik
                        The cost of cornering the market was only 1500 credits for me
                        1500 or 15000?
                        Pacts are the single most important thing for achieving Economic victory, as allied bases don't factor into the cost of cornering the market. A high probe rating does NOT lower the amount needed.

Comment

1500 sir

This was on a standard size map with me pacted to the next largest two players. This was with me beelining for planetary econ because I knew I wouldn't stand a chance against the other players due to my tiny landmass.
                          http://xohybabla.ru

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                            A couple of games ago I started winning econmically but I built 10 manifold doojamies quicker, so I could have won in this manner on transcend if I'd have gone through another 15 turns of superiority.
                            This has been my problem. By the time an economic victory was in my grasp, one (or more) of the other (more satisfying) victory conditions was quite close.

Comment

I agree with bbailey- economic victory is a wimpy way to win, use it only when excessively bored
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I agree with that too.

But playing a Trancend game on a huge map, the aliens often gets very powerful very fast and eradicates some other human factions. In my case we were three superpowers (me and aliens)with missiles. So the economic victory was a kinda salvation for me. In such a case, use it once the Planetary Economy tech is achieved before the prices rise in the air.

It takes a lot of effort to commence a serious conquest on a Trancend game, playing against 2 huuuge alien superpowers building loads of missiles.

Comment

Working...
                                X