Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you set the number of factions in SMACX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you set the number of factions in SMACX?

I expected the game to give me seven factions, plus the fungus (among us), since that's what I always got with SMAC. Instead, I've gotten four, six, and six (including me). How does one convince the game to provide a full load-out?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

The game automaticly does 7 factions. I was unaware they was any way set fewer, other than to start the game and kill some off. Is it possible you missed a mesage saying 'faction eliminated' during play?
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

No (fantasticly quick reponse, btw) -- those figures were me counting, with the scenario editor activated.

Comment

Do some factions make a delayed entry? The manual hinted at it, but I blew it off.

Comment

Yes. Progenitors and Planet Cult have delayed entry if the human player is playing a faction other than one of them. If the human player is playing one of those three, the game starts in a later year, circa 2106.

Comment

Ah, that explains it -- thanks!

Comment

Also, at tiniy size or smaller it's normal to get a reduced factions set, as 7 of them wouldn't fit in such cramped room.
              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

BTW the alien's arrival date is somewhere between 2103 and 2109
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                X