No announcement yet.

$66 For SMACX!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are experiencing the bane of Free Market economics: Supply and Demand. Since there is a limited supply of SMAX and demand is still somewhat high, the price will continue to be unfairly inflated by the hawkers and scalpers who possess it. Such people should be dragged out and hanged.
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Just got it off underdogs.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillybj
        You are experiencing the bane of Free Market economics: Supply and Demand. Since there is a limited supply of SMAX and demand is still somewhat high, the price will continue to be unfairly inflated by the hawkers and scalpers who possess it. Such people should be dragged out and hanged.
        Nah. The seller didn't inflate the price -- the buyers did.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This all just makes me amused I paid £2 for the original SMAC. Not that is means anything, but still...

Comment

but how do you get it to work after you get it from underdogs????

need CD to work.....

stupid limited time offer crap!!!

Comment

I think people shouldn't refer others to underxdogs??? if it doesn't work.

On the otherhand if there's another patch. Fine.

I have the Planetary Pack, but if it got corrupted or worn out I would be shattered. What would I do then? resort to unxxxxxxxdogs
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I am a thoroughly-involved fan of original SMAC and have written several fan-factions and made significant (to me) alterations to alpha.txt.
                However, I suspect (and I am not alone) Alien Crossfire was meant to be a joke or at least not meant to be taken so seriously and that is why it so quickly disappeared from retail availability. Would the SMAX release date or file completion date happen to have been April 1?
                Either way, I suppose, it's all good
                I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                  I think people shouldn't refer others to underxdogs??? if it doesn't work.
                  i've heard it will work...with a little work...search the UD boards
                  "...the aim of most scientists is to know more and more about less and less, and to describe what it is they know in terms of such precision as to be virtually incomprehensible to their colleagues, let alone the general public."

Comment

Well, I traipsed all over London this weekend looking for a copy and had no luck at all. Everyone told me that since it is out of production it was unlikely I would find it anywhere else.

Why is it out of production?

Comment

does anyone know where to find movie files of the new secret projects of smax? thanx

Comment

actually the scalpers help the free market work. if the price were only $10 there would be no more disks available, but the high price helps to insure that the disks end up in the hands of those who really want it. (and also of those who have higher incomes, but thats a whole nother issue)
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Real econ question is why Firaxis doesnt make (or license production) more.

They license SMAC and SMG/SMA for prod and sale and seem to make money at $10 a CD. Granted SMAX might have a smaller market (?) and there are some fixed costs involved, but its hard to believe they wouldnt still have a good sized market and make money at say $20 a CD. (which would also kill off the scalping market)

Is there some other reason theyre keeping it off the market? Related to SMAC2 perhaps?
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                            I got my smax free with smac
                            same here, for 49$ CAN 4 years ago

Comment

Working...
                            X